Maybe your diskspace is low? You don't tell anything about it. Or your memory/resources are low because too many other programs are running? You don't tell about that either. While you, of course, are the only one who can tell. So why not tell it?
Things to try (if the above doesn't apply)
- Find inbox.dbx in Windows Explorer and rename it. Outlook Express will create an empty new one. But you've lost the contents for the moment (although they can be recovered with a small portion of magic, unless the folder is currupted; post for help with that if necessary).
- Replace the inbox with your backup copy. You'll lose the mail received afte your last backup.
- File>Folder>Compact All folders will compact all folders, including the inbox, but probably won't work if the inbox is corrupted
- How often do you backup your mail?
- When did you last compact the OE folders?
- How big are your *.dbx files? Explorer will tell you in detail view.
And a note: "Outlook Express can not open" is quite something else as "Outlook Express can not open the Inbox".
Hope this helps.
I have outlook express 6.0 and email's content is not showed when click on "inbox". Folder could not be displayed -->
Outlook Express could not open this folder.
Possible causes are:
Low disk space.
Why? Please help.