Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

outlook express

I received a e-mail,but the text was blue.Every time I send or receive it's always black.How can I produce these results,such as sending e-mails with the text in another color.
Thanks,
Tom
OS 2K pro
outlook express 6

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: outlook express
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: outlook express
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
tools/options

In reply to: outlook express

In the Read tab, at the bottom is a button for Fonts...you can change the font size, style, and color there. Then make sure in the Send tab, you have it set to send in the same format as how you received THEIR mail....that way when you click "reply to author", it will be HTML instead of plain text since that's what most people are using when they send to you.

There is also a tab for Signature where you can type in your own name, use a graphic with it, etc. and it will automatically show up for each email you go to send.

There is also a Stationery tab if you want to use a background stationery that either you create, use one that comes with OE, download more from MS, or even download others from the net.....many people make their stationery available for free.

TONI

Collapse -
Tom, in the "New Message" window

Note the large "A" just above the message area. That is where fonts and colors are changed. Grin

Good luck!

Glenn

Collapse -
outlook express

In reply to: Tom, in the "New Message" window

I do not see a read tab or a large A
Tom

Collapse -
Outlook express

I found the read tab,click on the font button and there is no option for color.

Collapse -
Re: Tom, in the "New Message" window

In reply to: Outlook express

I am using OE6 and in the toolbar just immediately above area for writing the message is where I find it. Do this... start to write a message or at least click in the message area then move the mouse pointer over the "A" immediately above. It should say "Font Color". If not found, there must be some problem with your version.

Glenn

Collapse -
Make sure that

In reply to: Outlook express

you don't have a setting somewhere that says you are to send and receive all mail in TEXT format instead of HTML.

Also....in the toolbar of New Message window, click and click View and make sure that Format bar is checked. Now go to Format in the toolbar and put a checkmark in HTML instead of TEXT. Now the colored A should show up that lets you change the color of your text as well.

TONI

Collapse -
outlook express

In reply to: Make sure that

Done deal,It works just fine.If I send a resume is this way ok since it is not plain text?
I appreciate the help,
Tom

Collapse -
Unless the company

specifically says that it can't accept HTML documents, or HTML email, I don't think it will be a problem. I've sent resumes both ways depending on the wording of the ad in the paper. You are better off to not send a resume with graphics in it though because some email programs are set to see graphics as an attachment and will reject them.

Will you be sending the resume as an attachment to the email itself since it's been saved as a separate file or do you plan to copy and paste the whole thing into the message area? That's something else you should consider since many companies restrict and reject getting any kind of attachments since they are so vulnerable to viruses, etc.

TONI

Collapse -
outlook express

In reply to: Unless the company

I always send a cover letter and a resume attachment(MS word document).

Collapse -
2 ways for colored font

one way: Tools> Options> Compose> Compose Font>
Font Settings Mail:> Effects> from the drop-down menu select the color> click on OK in upper right. This returns you to the previous grey box - click OK at the bottom.

other way: click on Create Mail, then there should be the A to the right of the B I U, where you can click on the A or the little arrow beside it, for the drop-down menu where you select the colors.
(I know you already discovered this)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks,I appreciate everyones help

In reply to: 2 ways for colored font

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.