General discussion

Outlook displays only text

I have a new HP 8540w with Win7, Office 2007 and Outlook 2007. I use Eset security suit. Originally, received e-mails would display the e-mail in HTML in the preview and when opened. Suddenly it changed so that everything is in plain text with just links to everything, you have to read every link to see what is openable or just a jif file etc. I have checked all the various format settings in Outlook and they all point to being able to view HTML.

I've search high and low to find a solution.

What am I missing, what can I change (registry, program setting...) to get back the ability to view HTML in Outlook.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Outlook displays only text
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Outlook displays only text
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just a guess

Since Office 2007 and Outlook 2007 are closely related, are there any options in Word 2007's options to allow for this?

Mark

- Collapse -
Outlook displays only text

I've looked through the Word options many times looking for something that might have caused the shift. Searching MS Knowledgebase didn't provide any enlightenment either. From what I can tell Word is the editor of Outlooks e-mails, but I can't find anything specific that would be causing the problem. Maybe it's related to my anti-virus software? I use ESET's security suite. Or maybe it's some conflict in the registry, but I'm not sure where to look in the registry.

Thanks
CvZ

- Collapse -
Re : OUtlook displays only text

The usual ways to tackle this:
1. Uninstall Eset and see if that makes a difference.
2. Try a NEW Windows account. If that works, transfer your files and use that from now on.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Office 2007 from the CD.
4. Uninstall Office using Microsofts Fixit tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301, then reinstall from the CD.

The combination of another security suite, a new account and a fresh install of Office should work. In fact, it's unlikely you need all 3 changes.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info