General discussion

outlook: can`t open e-mail attachment

i can`t open e-mail file attachment, file name :read html, when i click on it iget a message saying "the attachment is a type not yet supported" i`m running windows 98, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: outlook: can`t open e-mail attachment
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: outlook: can`t open e-mail attachment
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re:outlook: can`t open e-mail attachment

What happens if you save the attachment and click on it in Explorer?

And are you sure the filename is
:read html
It's invalid filename (filenames can't contain a colon). Please give the full filename from Explorer, including extension (set Explorer options to NOT hide extensions of known file types).

Kees

- Collapse -
Re:Re:outlook: can`t open e-mail attachment

Look under Outlook Express "tools-options-security" is the box checked that says Do not save or open attachments that may contain viruses?
If so uncheck this box. (And be carefull)

CNET Forums