I would recommend using Outlook Express because Outlook is mainly for computers that are on a network.
Now that being said. If you have an email address with an msn in it for example, email@example.com then you should be able to set it up stating it's an HTTP incoming mail server. There are two different kinds of external mail systems that I know of, http and pop3. I know when I set up my hotmail acct in outlook express, all I had to do was enter the hotmail address and it set up the server info for me and then I put in my user id and password. It should do the same for msn. I know how to set up a new mail acct in outlook express.
1.You open outlook express
2.go to Tools>Accounts and choose the mail tab and choose add mail.
3. Then just follow the prompts. The first small window asks for your name and the second one asks for your email address. Choose the first option - (I already have an email address I would like to use) and type in your email address in the white long box, then click Next.
4. Then it should automatically fill in the http server info on the next page, Just click Next.
5. On the next page you should just have to put in your user id and password and click next, then click finish.
6. Close out of the internet accounts box. (this was the first box you went into after you chose Accounts)
7. Next, a box should come up telling you there aren't any folders and asking you if you would like to download the folders. So long as the information you provided is correct your inbox, outbox, sent items, deleted items,bulk folder and drafts folders from your msn acct, should download and you will see them on the left hand side. Let me know if you have any questions.