Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Outlook and Msn

by phantazy / March 22, 2006 6:01 AM PST

Like Buzz Bee below, I am new to Outlook 2003. Not really, but my saved emails are now so varied that Outlook is a better handler. My question is, I have currently no contact list in Outlook, how do I migrate the large address book of email addresses in Msn, without doing it manually? I can't seem to find an import or export facility for addresses in either program.TIA (Kees, are you there??!)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Outlook and Msn
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Outlook and Msn
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mistake
by phantazy / March 22, 2006 6:50 AM PST
In reply to: Outlook and Msn

In haste referred to Msn as a program, which it isn't.

Collapse -
Re: Outlook and msn
by Kees Bakker / March 22, 2006 4:46 PM PST
In reply to: Outlook and Msn

All msn-data, I think, are somewhere on a Microsoft server. It's web-based, isn't it. And if Microsoft choose to NOT make an export to your PC, there isn't. Retyping (or copy/paste) is the only way then.

If MSN were a paid service, I would advice you to contact their customer help desk. But I'm afraid custom support is lacking.

I don't know MSN (well, I know that it exists, and both my children are using it to communicate with their friends), so this is all the help I'm able to give. Sorry for that.

Kees

Collapse -
Thanks, Kees
by phantazy / March 22, 2006 7:36 PM PST
In reply to: Re: Outlook and msn

I feared as much. I'm resigned to an hour and a half of copying and pasting! Thanks for your help.
Paul

Collapse -
I once had
by PudgyOne / March 23, 2006 4:31 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks, Kees

I once had an email account with hotmail.com

Back when it was FREE and you could use Outlook Express with it for FREE.

I opened Outlook Express and then opened the Address Book. At the top of the Address click on tools and click on syncronize,(if it's not greyed out). It would syncronize Outlook Express with the webserver address book.

If this works, then export the address book to Excel.

Then open Outlook and import the address book to Outlook from Excel.

Hope this works. This will only work if you have a paid version of MSN.

Rick

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!