Computer Help forum

Question

Outlook 2007 run on Windows 7 Professional email conflict

by whitwill / September 6, 2013 5:06 AM PDT

Charter recently switched email from pop3 to imap.I was having a conflict with email not getting into my laptop or desktop computers when my iPhone was on, which is set up to receive my email accounts. When I followed their directions (I thought), I ended up with my old Personal Folders as well as a new one with the heading of "whitwill@charter.net", my email address. The result is that some of my email goes to the Personal Folders and others to my "whitwill@charter.net" folders. This means I have to look into two folders to see what email I have received while before I needed to look only into the Personal Folders group. I'm reluctant to delete either of the accounts as I don't want the conflict to return. Is there a way to direct all incoming (and outgoing) email into just one folder set so I can delete the other? I also have a business email account which uses Frontier rather than Charter. I have to send all my email from that account to people to avoid a conflict which produces an error - " Sending reported error (0x80042109) Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) as another device is accessing the account or is down for repair", or something like that. When I send the same message from the Frontier account it goes out fine yet only comes into the newly created account rather than into my old Personal Folders, and as I said earlier other email goes into the Personal Folders. How do I consolidate? Thanks for your patience reading all this.

Bill

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Outlook 2007 run on Windows 7 Professional email conflict
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Outlook 2007 run on Windows 7 Professional email conflict
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
OK, let's clear up a basic item first.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2013 5:40 AM PDT

If you are on a Charter network, and try to use Frontier's email servers that should fail.

Do we need to go over that area? It's pretty well discussed and both ISPs should have documents about it.
Bob

Collapse -
Clarification request
by whitwill / September 6, 2013 10:19 AM PDT

Actually the only way I can send email is using my business account which is Frontier. My Charter account fails to send the email due to the conflict with my iPhone. It produces the error message. The problem seemed to occur only after charter changed from pop3 to imap. Charter acknowledged the problem and recommended the changes I made to my email service within Outlook which appears to have caused the current problem of having incoming email go to two different accounts.

Collapse -
I see.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2013 11:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Clarification request

It appears you are getting some bad support. We can add and remove accounts without any effect on the mail stored in Outlook. I think you should have a chat with those that can support you.

To recap. If I'm not on a charter connection I won't be able to send on my charter account.
Nothing is wrong here. It's how it works today. Very strange post in my opinion and only shows the support is that bad.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?