General discussion

Outlook 2003 Send /Recieve Error

Just started useing "Outlook" for email. I get an error msg. that reads in part: "sending reported error (0x800cccof) The connection to the server was interupted. The server responded: 530 authentication required. When I check the "save password" box, it won't stay checked and sometimes it doesn't save my password, because it's easy to see there are too many characters. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jerry

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Outlook 2003 Send /Recieve Error
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Outlook 2003 Send /Recieve Error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
SMTP

do u use gmail?
Gmail has been having problems lately with outlook - mainly ports used to connect to gmails smtp server which is used to "send" mail
ports 25, 465, or 587 should work- but there are some bugs.

if u don't use gmail- what do u use?

- Collapse -
NO GMAIL

No, my ISP is swbell which uses yahoo. Before I was useing "Outlook Express". The reason I changed is because "Outlook 2003" has a good "junk mail" filter which has been a problem with "Outlook Express". I also keep getting a msg. asking for my username and password even if there is no incomeing mail. Sometimes it will just pop up for no reason long after I've checked my mail.

- Collapse -
try this

try going to "tools"- "email account"
view/change account

select the account- hit change button
go to more settings button
advanced tab
set pop3 to 995 and check the bow below
set smtp to 25 and check the box below'
save and test account settings

CNET Forums

Forum Info