General discussion

Outlook 2003-Picture in email also sent as attachment

I am using Outlook 2003. My email editor is Word 2003 and I use the HTML format option for emails. When I insert a picture in the body of an email message, the sent email shows the picture in the message but also has an "image001.jpg" file attached to the sent email. How do I stop Outlook 2003 from adding this image attachment to the sent email?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Outlook 2003-Picture in email also sent as attachment
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Outlook 2003-Picture in email also sent as attachment
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Anti-virus?

That may be an effect of any anti-virus that checks incoming and outgoing emails.

It may be that anti-virus scanners rip images and such out of emails to scan them, then add them back as attachments.

Mark

- Collapse -
Pictures in Email

Thanks!

- Collapse -
Re: picture in Outlook

Emails are text, either plain text or rtf text or html text. Pictures are attachments.

But in at least one of the 3 variants (might even be 2 of them) Outlook 'knows' where you meant to insert the picture. So it shows it there for your convenience. There's not a single reason to believe that the receiver will see it on that same location if he doesn't have the same version of Outlook or (even worse) another email-program. Luckily, he can always open the attachment!

Without attachment, the receiver would not see the picture. So - whatever you want - it's NOT to send the mail without attachment.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info