General discussion

Outlook 2003 links problem--please help

Yes, me again.
I upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 and ever since cannot open hyperlinks within email. Get the error
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system adminstrator."

I have read the microsoft bulletin at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310049

and have reset my internet options 3 times, but still no success. I don't have access to another computer to copy a reg key from it.

Can somebody help me solve this? I haven't learned about the new security issues with XP and don't know how to check the settings for users. I thought I did--I am listed as the admin of my computer. But I still can't access it.

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what to do next. I have uninstalled Outlook 2003, tried the IE fix, restarted, then reinstalled Outlook and still no luck.

To make it worse, I tried to submit a support ticket to Microsoft and it said the product I.D. I have is Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 standard. Huh? I finally got through, but they were no help anyway and just referred me to the original bulletin.

Can someone step me through a solution to this? I'm not a novice user, just stumped by this.

It used to be so easy to install software....

Laura

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Outlook 2003 links problem--please help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Outlook 2003 links problem--please help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A few more links to look at
- Collapse -
tried them all

Tried the fix with IE as microsoft suggested. Found the reg key and installed that, which is their 2nd suggestion. Still no luck.
Thinking this will not be solved...

CNET Forums

Forum Info