General discussion

Outlook 2003 Error

Whenever I try to send or receive my hotmail thru Outlook, I get the following message.
Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.'

Can anyone help?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Outlook 2003 Error
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Outlook 2003 Error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) How did you configure your Hotmail account?

- Collapse -
Re:(NT) How did you configure your Hotmail account?

Under Tools, I chose email accounts. I selected the add new email account, and chosed the connect to http email server option. After which I chose hotmail from HTTP Mail service provider pull-down menu and entered all the other relevant options. The server URL automatically appeared when I selected hotmail.

Anything that I did wrongly?

Thanks

- Collapse -
Seems correct.

The only thing that can go wrong (if it's not what Bob mentioned, of course) seems to be an error in the parameters your entered. Your email-address (xxx@hotmail.com, or possibly just xxx, read the help!) or your password (maybe caps lock on or typo?) spring to mind. Not much else I can think of, without trying.

Kees

- Collapse -
Synchronizing Outlook 2003 with Hotmail

Hey ya

Does any one know why I would get this message when I try to Synchronize my outlook 2003 with hotmail. Got xp on my pc and currently running throu A.O.L. 9

Task 'Hotmail (1): Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
The server responded 'Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at http://join.msn.com/general/Email'. '

Have done the sign up at msn a 1000 times but it still comes with this.

Does any one know how to fix it

- Collapse -
For diagnostic purposes, try hotmail via Outlook Express.
- Collapse -
Re:Outlook 2003 Error, but may not be your issue alone.

Hotmail and MSN email servers have been "bouncing" off and on for about a week.

Be sure to try this again later.

Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Outlook 2003 Error

I'm having the same problem and it's really strange because sometimes outlook will work and I will be able to send and receive Hotmail but most of the time it won't. I'm wondering if it could be a setting on internet explorer or something to do with my service provider because I never had this problem in Canada and I had the same hotmail account and the same microsoft office software. I have recently moved to Singapore and I have a new computer but my email and software are the same! Very frustrating!!!!!!!

- Collapse -
Same Outlook 2003 Error?

Then the prior replies should be read.

Remember that some regional issues may block Yahoo mail from being used in some countries. To see if that is an issue, use your web browser instead of Outlook.

Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Same Outlook 2003 Error?

I have been using my browser to check my email and never have a problem. So I don't think it's a regional thing. I have also tried outlook express and have had problems with that too!

- Collapse -
Re: Same Outlook 2003 Error?

Then this isn't the same issue. Be aware that there are a few other ongoing posts and so far 3 have posted back with a "never mind" its working now.

Seems Yahoo, Hotmail and others are in some remodeling fever.

It may not be your issue except to remove and reinstall Yahoo's email service.

Bob

- Collapse -
I cant Receive my hotmail in outlook it says that ,,,,,

the problem is as a follow

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC33) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct.The server responded 'This operation is not permitted for this type of client.'. '

if any body can i help me that will be great
regards

- Collapse -
Well AirLexNess I wonder.

AirLexNess,

I wonder if you need to try what's been noted so far. It does little good to not tell us if you performed the tests noted by the responders.

Bob

PS. If you are not AirLexNess, then you've jumped into the middle of AirLexNess's discussion and need to take advantage of the replies and note how it turned out. Remember that it's been noted about how these email services are revamping, going up and down. We can't fix that.

- Collapse -
Sychronizing Outlook 2003 with Hotmail

In fact, this problem, Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4), is caused by Windows Firewall setting.

The solution is simple:

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Double Click Windows Firewall
3. Click the tab Advanced
4. Under Network Connection Settings, click your connection, e.g. Local Area Connection
5. Click Settings
6. Under Services, check Web Server (HTTP) and click OK

Now your Outlook 2003 will be able to synchronize with your hotmail account.

Blessings,

- Collapse -
'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers. 0x800CCCF4

The problem is intermittant. All settings in firewalls would be correct and sometimes I can connect to sync other times the error appears. This has become more prevalent since IE7 was installed but the problem cannot be exclusive to this. Also Live Messenger works sometimes and not others. Microsoft web sites are difficult to get through to. Interestingly none of these problems have shown up, so frequently, on W2K systems

- Collapse -
Thanks

The advisement solve my problem instanly, many thanks

Pieternumberone

- Collapse -
Sychronizing Outlook 2003 with Hotmail

Hi Thai Guy,
I have done everything that suits the configuration of hotmail to outlook express. Even the webserver has been highlighted. Still i get the same error. Can u please advice.

- Collapse -
Hotmail is soon to be no more.

Be sure you are sure that it's still working.

- Collapse -
Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error

THANKS THAI GUY for the solution ! Had the same problem with Outlook 2008 on multiple PC and your solution worked flawlessly.

Lord bless!

-Rick

CNET Forums