Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Outlook 2000 OLE registration error

by patlv23 / November 24, 2003 10:31 AM PST

When I try to click the send/receive button, an error is displayed by the Office assistant (can't remember exactly). Then when I try to view/edit accounts, I get an error regarding ole registration plus advice to reinstall the program. I've tried to repair the program, reinstall over existing, uninstall then reinstall and apply office update. Now the error message "An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program" appears upon starting Outlook. Outlook exits when I click Ok.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Outlook 2000 OLE registration error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Outlook 2000 OLE registration error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Safe Mode, Recovery, Office Removal Wizard, Reinstall and pests.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 24, 2003 10:54 AM PST

1. The Outlook Safe mode.

Try this: Start, Run, OUTLOOK /SAFE and press OK.

What happens? If it runs... BACKUP your stuff. Item 2 is about backup.

2. Save your stuff -> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=196492

3. Remove Office/Outlook with the Office Removal Wizard.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/tools/BoxA13.htm
"The Removal Wizard does not remove documents or other user files from the computer."

4. By about now you should be able to reinstall the product. CD's and products are required.

5. The pests and parasites.

It is growing more apparent that an antivirus is not enough. And this reminds me that if you remove Outlook, you get to reinstall most AV's since they need to re-integrate with Outlook. Here's the Anti-Parasite Suite that I use to find and eradicate most pests -> http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=1313&start=0

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Outlook 2000 OLE registration error
by Josh K / November 24, 2003 10:16 PM PST

I seem to remember this error message having something to do with a bad .dll. You might try going to the MS Knowledge Base and entering the exact text of the error message into the search box.

Collapse -
SOLUTION: reinstall internet explorer 6
by rickhuang / November 7, 2004 5:03 AM PST

You may also notice that Outlook Express doesn't work too. You just need to reinstall IE6. That's it.
(Uninstall Netscape Nevagator too if you installed).

Collapse -
An OLE registration error occurred...
by hjchird / January 14, 2005 3:14 AM PST

Hi,
I'm having the exact same problem as the person who wrote you previously. I am trying to set up my Outlook again. It was accidentally erased and I'm familiar with the program. When I click it on I get following,
"An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not currenlty installed. Run set up again for the program."
How do you reinstall IE6? Where do I find it?
Thanks,
Jo Anne
hjchird@mindspring.com

Collapse -
Outlook 2000 OLE registration error in WIN2000
by Jay_CA / February 23, 2005 12:52 AM PST

I, too, am experiencing an issue with the Outlook 2000 OLE registration error message on my WIN2k OS... after experiencing another matter;"Explorer.exe Has Generated Errors and Will Be Closed by Windows," I resolved this by uninstalling IE6 and reverting to the default/prior IE version. Yes the fix for the explorer.exe issue worked, but then the next issue arises with Outlook. I have backed up the PST and reinstalled the app, but the error remains.

Got ideas?
Thanks in advance for ANY help!
Jay

Collapse -
Problem with rss.
by fustigator / June 9, 2007 8:45 AM PDT

I got this error when I installed a trial version of office 2007 and then uninstalled it when the trial was over. I had outlook downloading RSS feeds when doing a send/receive. I just removed the rss account from the send/receive and it works fine now.

Collapse -
Another fix!
by OnlyZuul / November 9, 2008 6:05 PM PST

One other great fix is this:

Open the Mail Control Panel applet, remove all your profiles, and then recreate them.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.