General discussion

Outllook 2003 OST Files

I have a users who has a laptop that he used at a different organization, the user was also part of a domain with the other org.. I have added the computer to my domain. I am unable to do a profile copy from his old domain account to the new one. I have manually moved all files over, my question is can I get his old .OST files somehow imported into his new email account with my organization?

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Outllook 2003 OST Files
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Outllook 2003 OST Files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
OST

You should be able to import OST files manually.As long as it is from the same type of Outlook Service.Like you cant user OST files from outlook express to Outlook Exchange. You most likely will not be able to Use Newer outlook version OST files to be imported into Older outlook versions. Or vise versa, something to that.Even tho you are moving from a OU to a domain of any type it should let you do this.

- Collapse -
Import Option

Thanks for the advice, were would you look to import the data? Is there a process within outlook 2003 to import the data?

CNET Forums

Forum Info