- Didn't you forget a step in your description: attach the zipped file to a mail? You can't zip a mail as far as I know.
- How big (in MB) was the attachment?
- How big (in MB) is the mail?
- What mail protocol (IMAP, POP3, MS Exchange) do you use?
- What is your email-provider (like gmail.com)?
- What is the maximum email size allowed by that provider?
- What's the current size of your .pst file?
- Has the mail been sent succesfully?
I zipped a file to minimize as much as possible; hit send/receive and now it is stuck in my outbox (two weeks)and I cannot delete it, recall it or anything.
I am using MS Office 2007