General discussion

OUT OF RANGE MONITOR & SLOW PROCESSOR PROBLEM

I m facing 2 problems with my hp Compaq dx 2009 VSFF System (the small CPU)
1. When I install graphix drivers for it the monitor [HP w15v] displays- OUT OF RANGE, and
2. When I install my HP PSC 1410 All-in-one Printer software it stops saying [THE PROCESSOR ON THIS COMPUTER DOES NOT MEET THE MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENT BECAUSE IT IS NOT SUPPORTED OR IT IS TOO SLOW]
OS-XP version 2000 SP 2
HP Compaq dx2009 Very Small Form Factor PC - Specifications
Technical Specifications
Feature Specification
Processor VIA C7 (1.0 GHz)
Memory Single channel DDRII SDRAM 1GB Hard Drives 80 GB
Graphics Chipset integrated S3 Graphics UMA Core
Please Help Me

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: OUT OF RANGE MONITOR & SLOW PROCESSOR PROBLEM
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: OUT OF RANGE MONITOR & SLOW PROCESSOR PROBLEM
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
AS IS

you can't be helped.

Assuming you downloaded the XP drivers from hp.com and installed them in correct order (primarily chipset before vga), the default display mode must be beyond the range of the monitor. Only way you can set a resolution/refresh within range of the monitor is to use another more capable monitor with wider range of display res/refresh (beg/borrow?) to alter the display mode and then re-connect to your w15v.

Via CPUs derive their low power rating by using software instead of hardware to execute some functions. Since most, if not all, low-end AIOs require the CPU to process vector graphics, the C7 is likely underpowered for the task.

- Collapse -
Item 1

Item 1 is sometimes corrected by booting SAFE MODE (which I no longer tell how since we can research that on our own) then setting the display mode to what the monitor supports (or lower!)

Item 2 is because the machine doesn't support this. Since we can't change this you may want to have others print the pages for you.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info