Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Out of Memory

by gooslojo / July 15, 2005 9:18 PM PDT

I have Nero 5.5 installed on my system with 192mb of ram,4g of disk space and 90% sys res are free.
When I try to load mp3's into the Nero program I get "out of memory" dialog box every time.Do I need to change settings somewhere.I have uninstalled and re-installed several times now.Any help would be appreciated
eMachines etower 633is,633mhz proc,winMe,192mb ram,wmp 9.0 codecs

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Try another tool.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2005 10:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Out of Memory

CDBURNERXP can take your MP3s and make an audio CD and ... is free. As to Nero, you'll have to call it in and report the bug.

Bob

Collapse -
Great Tool!
by gooslojo / July 15, 2005 10:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Try another tool.

Great program. I just burned a 12 track disc in 7 minutes.Thanks for the info Bob(again!)
My son will be ecstatic!

"As to Nero, you'll have to call it in and report the bug."---or I could just throw it in the trash!

Collapse -
Glad it worked.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 15, 2005 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Great Tool!

It's likely that the older dos based Windows may experience more issues like this as time passes. We'll have to find what tools work and leave the others in the round file or recycle them elsewhere.

Nero does have a website with support answers, but I find that to not be as easy as just moving to another (free) tool like CDBURNERXP.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!