Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Our latest

by Diane Harrison / August 23, 2004 12:48 AM PDT

Well, as my husband said, this has been the longest "20 day escrow" on earth LOL. Since we still legally own the house while a series of snafus rockets towards a new Guinness record in stalling the escrow, which has been pending (two different ones, back to back with one hour in between) for over two months now, we had to go over yesterday to take care of the place and do upkeep. Supposedly it will close and fund today - yeah. . .we'll see.

Anyway, while there, this charming young lady(?) wandered out of the bushes and found her way home with us. She slept under my chin last night, and cries each time we put her down. She is no doubt a younger sibling to the other group of kitties we rescued there in May. Their mother and father are both wild, and the kittens tend to need help. We tried to grab an orange one that was sister or brother to this one, since it had an eye infection, but we couldn't lure it over in time before we had to leave.

I always make sure we scoop up all the black or even dark cats in the neighborhood that are out and about as it draws closer to Halloween, since there are a lot of really sick people out there who tend to do them harm - something I will NEVER understand! We release them once the 31st is over with, but I still get the police reports on others in other communities who were not so lucky. Makes my blood boil mad at the monsters that call themselves humans who would harm an innocent animal! Something to keep in mind if you have kitties or even puppies in the neighborhood around that time.

Anyway, she is called Tanner, after another kitty from that house who was literally identical to her. Tanner had wandered into our house one day when the door was open to bring in groceries and he stayed the rest of his life, having adopted us, just that easy. Anyway, here's Tanner II: http://homepage.mac.com/alastorspirit/PhotoAlbum9.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Our latest
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Our latest
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cute kitty -- Lots of other good pics, too
by Dragon / August 23, 2004 5:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Our latest

Good luck with your house!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) she looks like my oreo but in smaller proportions
by Mark5019 / August 23, 2004 5:54 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What a beautiful little p*ssy cat
by SteveGargini / August 23, 2004 4:57 PM PDT
Collapse -
Kitty is about to be renamed!
by Diane Harrison / August 23, 2004 5:07 PM PDT

Trying to get five hours sleep now before track and then work in the morning again *groan*. Kitty seems to stress when he/she isn't held, so I let him sleep with me again. Kitty only has four razor sharp little needles for teeth in his mouth, and he decided that my earrings were edible. Considering that they were still attached to my ear, I'm thinking of naming him Dracula at this rate! Wink

I still can't get over how good looking Marcia's son is though in her kitty pictures! Their kitty and doggie were just an added attraction!

Oh-oh - that meowing means I'm being paged again. Hope the kitten chow just now caused him to lose interest in my jewelry and body parts as chew toys!

Collapse -
Uh Oh!
by MarciaB / August 23, 2004 11:10 PM PDT

You said the magic words, Diane!!
I just love talking about my boys! LOL

My boys (8 1/2 years apart - the youngest in the pics is 9) are as opposite in looks as they are in personality. My oldest is dark-skinned, black hair, about 6'1''; he prefers being by himself, but gets along well with others. Kelton will never be as big as his brother, and he prefers being around people all the time. He's very social.

They both love their Momma, however, and that's what really counts!! Happy

Good luck with your kitten - we will keep each other posted. It looks like little "Dracula" is younger than Garfield (we got him at around 8 weeks, he's about 12 weeks now). They do like ALOT of attention when they are little.

Take care,
--Marcia

Collapse -
Re: Uh Oh!
by Mark5019 / August 23, 2004 11:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Uh Oh!

your boys sound like my 2 Jeff who's 18 is the mamma's boy hes 5, 8 like dad, George who is 25 is so skinny but 6 ft tall( he was a preemie 3 months early weighed 2 lbs ) now i look at him and remember

Collapse -
Re: Our latest -- Altogether now: Awww!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / August 23, 2004 11:16 PM PDT

He, so cute, Diane! Aren't blue eyes unusual in a kitty that color?

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Re: Our latest -- Altogether now: Awww!
by Diane Harrison / August 24, 2004 1:38 AM PDT

"Aren't blue eyes unusual in a kitty that color?" - DK

I don't know, DK. I think the camera reflected the light more in his pupils. I suspect his eyes will turn out to be either gray or green when he is past the nipping fingers and ears stage - he's still a baby.

The litters the mother has been turning out range from white Himalayan/Siamese mix, to orange kitties like Marcia's Garfield, to gray little calicos to this little guy. I wish we could have caught her to fix her, since that is not good for her health to litter so often and this is the second group that we have tried to take care of (tried to catch the brothers and sisters of Dracula too, but didn't manage - the house finished escrow this morning finally, so we can't catch the rest now).

I'm not real sure what kitties normally have as far as eye color, except that they appear to be like humans, and all have gray or gray-blue eyes when they are babies. All our traditional "pet" animals (except for the one dog now) are rescue animals. I used to dislike cats, but got over that pretty quick when I got adopted by some LOL! I'll add on some pictures of Dracula's other siblings later to the site.

Collapse -
Re: Our latest
by Diana Forum moderator / August 23, 2004 11:51 PM PDT

When our cat had kittens, we kept the black one just because of crazies. We still have him nine years later.

We didn't know problems with buying homes until we got to New York. I assumed a loan in California one time - put the offer in on Friday and it was mine on the following Friday. We assumed a loan here and it took over a month to get the house. We are told a normal house will take two to three months minimum. Shows what happens when lawyers get into the mix.

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yep - Shakespeare had it right about the lawyers! LOL
by Diane Harrison / August 24, 2004 1:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Our latest
Collapse -
Have fun. I remember when a stray kitten
by Kiddpeat / August 24, 2004 12:22 AM PDT

somehow found its way into our kitchen. That cat was a barrel of laughs.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?