HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

other user has made mess of forum

by rabeck4 / June 4, 2006 7:22 AM PDT

another user of this com has used my account and accessed a forum I just activated and has been particularly offensive to the other users, now my access has been banned for good, is there any way to contact the forum moderator and explain the case.

Thanx in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: other user has made mess of forum
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: other user has made mess of forum
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
your best bet is...
by tomron / June 4, 2006 8:46 AM PDT

to the feedback forum or click HERE then click on e-mail support tab.

The forum moderators have nothing to do with this,you have to go though LEE.

Tom

Collapse -
Forum
by rabeck4 / June 4, 2006 10:32 PM PDT
In reply to: your best bet is...

Hi again Tom
Sorry I didnt make it clear which forum.
Its Limewire.

Thanx for posting though.
Tam

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanx for posting back
by tomron / June 5, 2006 2:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Forum
Collapse -
Are You Talking About A CNET Forum?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 4, 2006 9:59 AM PDT

What do you mean by: "accessed a forum I just activated"?. I don't see where any of your posts have been deleted or that you have been "banned" here?

If you aren't talking about the CNET forums, then you'll want to visit the forum in question and contact their site admin. If your username was banned at that site, try deleting the cookies for that site and accessing the site as a guest.. You could then find the appropriate e-mail address for the site admin and send a message to that person.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Not CNET
by rabeck4 / June 4, 2006 10:26 PM PDT

No Grif its Limewire Forum and the Mod is Lord of the Rings. I personally have not sent any posts to them but "friend" did. I only registered and left him to burn CD. Dont know what he said or done but he thinks it funny winding people up.

Thanx.Tam

Collapse -
No Luck Yet
by rabeck4 / June 5, 2006 7:24 AM PDT

Grif
I have tried deleting cookies, and managed to get back to forum, tried to send a private message to MOD but It says I need to register to gain access, obviously I cant enter user name and pass as its banned and tried to enter new but no e-mail being sent because of IP address (I presume).
What did you mean by enter as guest?

Thanx again

Tam

Collapse -
That wouldn't let you e-mail...
by mousearoma / June 5, 2006 10:20 AM PDT
In reply to: No Luck Yet

Visiting the site as a guest would allow you to navigate the site, reading posts and informative pages, but not post or use the PM feature. What Grif was suggesting is look for an e-mail address in the FAQs, a moderator's bio, etc, that you could use to contact them and explain the situation. For instance, here on Cnet that's messageboards[at)cnet(dot]com. Normally I'd say re-register, but there are two problems:
1.) Like Cnet, they may have a policy against banned members re-registering.
2.) If they ban by IP address, you wouldn't be able to re-register.

Your best bet would be to e-mail into[at)limewire(dot]com and explain the situation.

Good luck.
John

Collapse -
Forum
by rabeck4 / June 6, 2006 8:41 AM PDT

Hi John

Thanx for yor time, but its really starting to drag on now, I am going to try 2 URLs that Glenda posted if they dont work then its a lame duck.
I wanted to access the forum to ask them the best way to filter anything to do with underage stuff.
No matter what you enter even with all filters on you always get results that you dont want young lads (8+10) seeing, I should not have to sit beside them and monitor every thing they do, they only want to see wrestling not sick rubbish.

Thanx again John

Tam

Collapse -
You could try these
by Glenda / June 5, 2006 10:48 AM PDT
In reply to: No Luck Yet
Collapse -
L/W Forum
by rabeck4 / June 6, 2006 7:57 AM PDT
In reply to: You could try these

Hi Glenda

I will try your URL straight after this post.
I use a different user name and password for everything I do so if anyone found the original that was used for all sites they could access everything.
Unfortunately my memory is not what it used to be so I keep a book with them all in it, book was found and abused. That idiot has been refused access to this com so should have no problems now.

Thanx for taking time to post.

Tam

Collapse -
Giving Up
by rabeck4 / June 6, 2006 9:19 AM PDT
In reply to: You could try these

Tried 2 sites,no joy, giving in, will just monitor when others are searching for video.

To everyone who posted and tried to help a big THANX, the main thing is Idiot user is now removed and there should be no more probs.

To all Thanx

Tam

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.