Mac OS forum

Question

OS Lion printer issue

by iz3bgj / November 20, 2011 3:49 AM PST

After the installation of OS Lion, my Samsung ML-2010R printer does not work. Error msg showing up temporarely in the printer queu is "rastertosec failed".
Have reinstalled the printer and checked for latest drive with no results. Any idea?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: OS Lion printer issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: OS Lion printer issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung printer under Lion
by centurion48 / November 20, 2011 5:01 AM PST
In reply to: OS Lion printer issue

The Samsung ML-2010R is not a supported printer under OSX Lion. See <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> support.apple.com/kb/HT3669 (I don't seem to be able to post the whole URL)
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">When you try to add your printer you need to select the generic postscript printer driver.

Collapse -
Samsung printer under Lion
by iz3bgj / November 20, 2011 6:01 AM PST
thank you centurion but in Lion you do not have many options for driver selection: either you accept the default driver or you choose among the OS system drivers (ML-2010 is not there) or it opens the finder. No way to specify a generic driver as it was in Leopard.

Thank you anyway
Collapse -
Unsupported Samsung Printer
by centurion48 / November 20, 2011 8:13 AM PST

I think you need to contact Samsung to see if another (supported) driver will substitute. Your printer is not listed in the Gimp lists either (http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php)
Good luck.

Collapse -
Samsung Printer under Lion
by iz3bgj / November 20, 2011 4:34 PM PST

Have contacted Samsung: on their web site there is the correct driver and it works!

Collapse -
same issue
by spedrosa82 / May 24, 2012 11:49 AM PDT

how did you resolve the issue? I downloaded the drivers from the smsung website and when i go to install the printer the driver files are greyed out.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!