Tech Deals forum

General discussion

orson electronics in indonesia sells extreme cheap led,lcd

Has anybody out there bought anythink off orson electronics in indonesia. I got web site off next tag and looks legit. the prices are crazy low and free shipping over 1000. They offer paypal to purchase. I am alittle scared of buying something over there,[im from upstate n.y] but prices are really good.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: orson electronics in indonesia sells extreme cheap led,lcd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: orson electronics in indonesia sells extreme cheap led,lcd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Orson Electronics

In reply to: orson electronics in indonesia sells extreme cheap led,lcd

I'm looking at a Samsung LED tv & all the places I've checked....it is double the price. Get this: the shipping is free from Indonesia to the United States. That doesn't sound right. Please let me know if Orson Electronics is legit.

Collapse -
Darren, Did you make a purchase from Orson Electronics?.....

Dear Darren,

How are you today?.......I also am extremely interested in making a purchase from Orson Electronics! Have you made a purchase from them? and how has it worked out?.......If you use paypal, shouldn't you be protected if any problems should arise?

Sincerely,

Carl email: jareckitravel@gmail.com

Collapse -
Orson Electronics

In reply to: Darren, Did you make a purchase from Orson Electronics?.....

I shared the price of the Led tv that I want to my co-workers, and everyone told me that "if it sounds too good to be true, it is." I'm in a bind. I still want to purchase it, but my gut tells me I'm going to get scammed. I was going to use a credit card. Will they not go after the people if it's not legit?

Collapse -
orson electronics

In reply to: Orson Electronics

carl, I have not purchased any thing from orson electronics because i have not heard anybody out there that has used them, I received email from them to purchase anything they need me to send money to a bank account in indonesia. I asked about paypal in my email but recieved no reply.[on web site they claim you can use paypal,you have to really look to find it] I still see it advertised on nextag. let me know if you hear anything. thanks Darren ryan

Collapse -
I was also looking at a Samsung LED TV there.

In reply to: orson electronics

I can't believe it's 1/2 the price of all other sites. Please let me know if you buy it there. I would love to know. Thanks.

Collapse -
ORSON ELECTRONICS IS A SCAM

If you go to their FAQ, there are things that are mispelled, but if you look at Terms and Conditions everything looks legit. This is a tough call. Hope one of you guys figures it out, without getting ripped off!

Collapse -
ORSON IS A SCAM SCAM SCAM

DON'T BE FOOLED I ALMOST WAS READY TO BREAK OUT MY CREDIT CARD AND THEIR WEB SITE WAS TOO SLOW ANS IT WAS WEIRD NOT AFTER SIGINING UP FOR PROMOTIONS OR DISCOUNTS I DIDNT GET AN EMAIL....SCAM TO GOOD TO BE TRUE TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ....HOPE THIS HELPS BOISE IDAHO SM3

Collapse -
I tried it, too

You order without a credit card. I went through the checkout process just to see what it entailed. Was going to cancel if it asked for a cc number, but it never did. It just showed the name and address of a bank and an account number to wire the money to. It's the worst scam I've ever seen!
I never would have found it if it hadn't shown up whn I was searching for tv's on pricegrabber.

Collapse -
read the fine print

In reply to: I tried it, too

I read the fine print and it say only local credit card all other must send cash or it must clear the bank of Indonesia and maybe after 7 days they will send you that tv.? how will it clear customs. Another thing is if it get damaged in route it is not their problem. scary

Collapse -
I'm in Indonesia, this place is in Glodok.

In reply to: read the fine print

This place is in Glodok.. Imagine a small mall (one could say) which all sell the same things... That's the area this place is in... They are probably legit, but the people you are e-mailing are half illiterate, they wont really respond to e-mails and only earn about 60-70$ a month. You could buy something there, but I'd advice that you phone them first. Don't expect them to speak good english also if you were to check prices do so, using "Glodok electronics", it will come up with a whole lot of places which are open in this area, prices will be in indonesian, but you can do the conversions online.. also don't expect good english, since they won't be able to speak english properly.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!