Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Orlando Student Charged With Biting Off Classmate's Ear

by Mark5019 / April 15, 2005 7:10 AM PDT

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A high school student was arrested for biting off part of a classmate's ear during a fight that started after he was cut off while driving into the school's entrance.

Jonattan Robles

Jonattan Robles, 18, was charged Wednesday with aggravated battery, aggravated assault and possession of a weapon on school property. The ear of 17-year-old classmate David Roshak was reattached at a hospital.

The altercation began when two cars driven by friends of Roshak cut off Robles as he tried to turn into the entrance to Timber Creek High School. Roshak, who was a passenger in one of the cars, exchanged angry words with Robles.

Robles threatened Roshak and his friends with a black expandable baton after they got out of their cars, school resource officer Daniel Combs wrote in an incident report for the Orange County

see what tyson tought our kids

http://www.wftv.com/news/4382253/detail.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Orlando Student Charged With Biting Off Classmate's Ear
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Orlando Student Charged With Biting Off Classmate's Ear
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Jonattan
by Leighsouter / April 17, 2005 9:10 AM PDT

I'm actually Jonattan's teacher. Wednesday was such an aweful day for everyone who knows Jonattan. I did not know David, but I have been told he has a reputation for being a bully, and will not be allowed to come back because he's been in too many fights. Jonattan, however, has the reputation of being a nice guy. Surprising, isn't it? The news made him out to be a thug, and he is not that at all.

Okay, so he is in remedial Junior English class, but he is one of about 5 who does all the work and currently has his research paper in order. I'm not saying he didn't do something stupid, but I'm inclined to believe that he was in serious trouble when he bit David's ear off, as he told the police. It was Jonattan against David and 5 of his buddies (one of the five is also my student).

Also, what the papers don't tell is how Jonattan was severely beat by David's friends as he was trying to get away, hence the head bandages he wore in his booking photo.

It just breaks my heart that he is probably going to go to Jail. Once the papers got a hold of it, I knew Jonattan didn't stand much of a chance. And he's 18. I'll never see that final draft of his all his hard work. We'll never see the final draft of Jonattan, as a high school graduate wanting to become a Martial Arts trainer (which, by the way, is why he even had the baton in his car).

I've had students do stupid thigns and go to jail before, but never a student I had such high hopes for as I do Jonattan. As the news vilifies him, I hope people will remember there are always two sides to fights.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Bet that remedial english class is full, eh?
by Cindi Haynes / April 17, 2005 9:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Jonattan

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!