Question

Original networked Series 5 LN46A550 & infolink

I was wondering if the service that supplied the original infolink data is still running. The network check passes all checks on auto or if I use manual settings. The router log shows the IP for the TV connecting to CDN.samsung.com using TCP and UDP ports but the TV shows infolink "no connection" . I was wondering if I am just spinning my wheels. The first Ln46 I bought had to be returned because of this very thing. The replacement worked fine in regards to infolink after that. Years later the geek in me surfaced and I tried to reconnect to the service to no avail.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Original networked Series 5 LN46A550 & infolink
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Original networked Series 5 LN46A550 & infolink
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Best to ask SAMSUNG directly.

But I'll share that many ISP (your internet provider) often don't have the Samsung DNS (see google) entries.

Because of that I continue to use 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.1 for my DNS entries.

- Collapse -
Responce from Samsung

Samsung
Email response ID: 2187008402

Dear Joseph Demma,
This from samsung:

Thank you for contacting Samsung. From your email description, I see that you would like to know whether the RSS feed for the original network TVs is still active. I will help you with the needed information.

I've checked our resources band see that this TV has EX-Link port by which Samsung TVs can accept RS-232 commands through the EX-Link connection on the TV.
Note: Depending on the model some additional setting may need to be changed in the service menu. This should only be done by a professional installer to know how configure codes.

Frontier does support dns 8.8.8.8 however after series 5 Samsung partnered directly with USAtoday, changed the RSS feeds and the original TV's don't have the correct feed names.

CNET Forums

Forum Info