Office & Productivity Software forum

Organize my life

by katiesmoov / November 2, 2011 6:36 AM PDT

I'm sure my position is a common one: a crazy busy life. I am looking for software/apps to help with juggling everything and syncing my calendars, contacts, tasks/to do lists with four electronic devices:
1. Droid
2. Ipad
3. Home laptop (pc)
4. Work computer (pc)

Any software suggestions/apps that may make life a little bit easier.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Organize my life
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Organize my life
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: organize
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 2, 2011 6:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Organize my life

Two good ways:
1. Webbased. There are offers either from Google or based on MS Exchange that centralize the data on Internet while allowing access from anywhere.
2. A paper calender and notebook in stead of using 4 devices. That's a uniform and centralized storage also, easy to take with you.

Collapse -
Organizing Suggestions
by misslinda_lou / November 4, 2011 1:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Organize my life

I'm in a similar position but have a droid tablet instead of an iPad (though I do have an iPod touch). I think it goes without saying that it's best to pick something that works across ALL platforms and so far the only free option I've found that meets my needs is Evernote. I use it on my tablet to create a to take notes during meetings and shopping lists on my droid. I also copied all my sticky notes from outlook which I use to jot down random things. You can use it offline and sync anytime there's a wifi connection and setting up 'notebooks' for work or play is easy. So far the most useful feature I've discovered is the Google Chrome 'clip to evernote' extension which let's me save web pages or links easily so I can come back to them later without having to create bookmarks (make sure to use 'tags' whenever possible). It's also easy to share 'notebooks' with other evernote users.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?