Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Organise Your Collection

by colinito / March 21, 2010 8:47 PM PDT

Hello Everyone!

Yet another W7 (configuration) problem.

I had XP Prof + SP3. I configured a programme called Organise Your Collection to work with it.(It was originally W98) The file containing all the data was transferred onto my new hard drive.

After my upgrade to W7, many of the programmes I had with XP needed configuration with W7. Many would not configure and I am left with some hardware that will no longer work with/through W7.

One that I am not able to even try to configure is my OYC programme. This holds all my CD/DVD, Books, Art,Videos, etc, details. It took some considerable time to compile and I would like to have it work with W7 - I does not appear that I shall be successful!

If anyone could advise me on

a. How to try to configure it with W7 -(I can not find a way to obtain this choice, I have tried 'taking ownership' but this has no success in trying to open the files)

b. A comparable programme that I could obtain and start again with all the items previously recorded in OYC.

Thanks for any advice, in advance.

Colinito

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
OIC
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2010 10:37 PM PDT
Collapse -
Organise Your Collection/OIC
by colinito / March 22, 2010 12:56 AM PDT
In reply to: OIC

Hello Bob,
Thank you, once again !
I believe that the programme is no longer available. The one I had was a copy from a friend!
I used the link and followed the instructions. It has now begun to work - I had to discover how to put a shortcut on the desktop - once successful, it worked.
Many thanks.
Colinito

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!