General discussion

Order Cancelled by dell..

I ordered a laptop on April 16th, I checked my order status online and it still said processing. A couple minutes later I get an email from dell financial stating I was approved for financing. Out of curiosity I go back to check my order status and it now said order cancelled. So I call dell customer service. They said yes they see I was approved for financing and it looks like my order has been cancelled but has been reinstated and will show in my order status by the end of the day. It's not showing yet, just curious how long it takes for order status to be updated. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Order Cancelled by dell..
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Order Cancelled by dell..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No Dell folk here.

That question is one you ask them.

- Collapse -
Thanks i guess, but

I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with something like this around here, and maybe it would give me insight into how to deal with them if I need to call again.

- Collapse -
Never a problem here.

I do see that many are expecting instant to few minute turn around times for everything today. If it doesn't show up the next day you call in and see what's up.
Bob

- Collapse -
Not me

Im not looking for instant turn around here, but my order went from processing to cancelled just minutes after I got an email stating I was approved for financing and it has been sitting like that for a day now. I'm just wondering thats all. It would be different if the site was showing order delays but I don't think its unreasonable to wonder why it was cancelled just minutes after I was approved for financing. I'm going to give it time and call them later.

- Collapse -
Looking good so far

I decided to do an online chat session 5 mins ago. The agent was helpful, said he found my order and it looks good, nothing more needed on my part and i'll get an email within 2 hours with my order details.
Thanks for putting up with me this morning. Wink

CNET Forums