Tip

Optical Live Histogram

I was thinking about submitting this to Sony. And then i got lost in the maze of that site. And finally found that they like others do not accept unpatented ideas. Anyways, the subject of live histogram is very little understood and undiscussed on social media. So here i come withe post in my blog. In the blog their is also a link to my flickr account so one can see what i'm talking about.

http://georgesweblogforfriends.blogspot.com/2012/09/live-histogram-in-optical-viewfinder.html

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Optical Live Histogram
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Optical Live Histogram
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
typo

Sorry i meant "with a post in my blog" not "withe post in my blog". You cannot edit your own post here?

- Collapse -
Only the one can edit this.

You can always pre-view your post before committing it.

- Collapse -
Right

So i take you can't edit it...

- Collapse -
Nothing new?
- Collapse -
Bash it?

More camera with optical live histogram? Bash it? Haven't seen any yet...

- Collapse -
I didn't do your search for you.

There were others but when folk claim there are none or it's a novel/new idea, I find one and then wait to see what the real complaint is.

My thought is you want it on this camera.
Bob

- Collapse -

I want a better and less distracting metering system than a live histogram but based on the same information because the life histogram is often contradicting the existing exposure level meter and it is better and i also have to continuously switch between the optical viewfinder and the live one. It's all better explained in the linked post. The link you gave is for an Olympus with optional electronic viewfinder which is also a compact.

- Collapse -
Again, I didn't do your research.

It's all better when you do the search.

But I was wondering why you thought it was a new or novel idea. I think you are writing that you disagree with either the implementation or something else.

If so, have you considered that Android based camera and writing your own camera app? That way it would be perfect and if it's really good, you could sell it.
Bob

- Collapse -
Professional Cameras

What i'm writing about is design changes for DSLR cameras with interchangeable lens, and optical viewfinders. Not compact of phone cameras.

- Collapse -
Only 1 read

I'm new here and if i look at all threads in the forum by clicking on CNET > Forums >Electronics forums >Digital cameras i don't understand how there's 1 read and 9 replies regarding my post.

- Collapse -
That's easy to explain.

The forum software is not without bugs. The bugs as you see it are non-fatal so they are left as-is.

- Collapse -
Updated

I updated the information in the blog ad i added a couple of solution to the proposed features.

- Collapse -
I have a question.

Are you a designer, that is, do you write code for cameras and video recorders?

I do! And am glad to see folk want to dive into this field. My work is more industrial, that is, it's used in CCTV and other industrial applications.
Bob

- Collapse -
Designer

The answer to your question is already in the thread.

- Collapse -
So you can't do this work?

It's a shame in a way. Folk may call this "armchair quarterbacks." It's not design work in that you are not in the system. If you feel you can contribute why not go get that Android based camera and write your perfect camera app?
Bob

- Collapse -
Designer

I'm starting to ask myself. I have this camera for what... 3 years now? I'm getting tired of using the LCD viewfinder for the histogram and then framing through the viewfinder. This is not an Android, not a phone, it is an optically advanced DSLR camera with 9 elements ashperical lens and truly high resolution. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Alpha_200 .It's not the number of pixels but the lens. LOL i've been into a Fry's store today and saw the smallest number of pixels for a compact is... 16 MP? What is going to do, humongous files? And the size and type of sensor which is way bigger than an Android's or compact. I already gave two solutions on my blog but they require slight modifications in the mechanics of the camera. I stand behind those. LOL i once downloaded the service manual for the camera and when i looked into it i realized it is more complicated than a car. It is probably one remnant of the mostly mechanical cameras with CCD sensor and some current electronics applied like an attempt to salvage the old design that died anyways. Together with Minolta. However, i believe the mirror and prism and optical viewfinder design will not die and my solutions are of the future. Yes, this is basically design but not at low level. One question though. When are we going to start discussing on the topic?

- Collapse -
We are discussing the topic.

You want to be a designer yet you have yet to dive in. That is, research how to create your own camera app and more.

My work is on industrial apps with vision so when I saw your post I thought to see if you were truly going to get into the meat for the matter.

Bob

- Collapse -
Example

CNET Forums