Laptops forum

Question

Opinions Needed Please!: Lenovo-IdeaPad Z565-43113LU Laptop

I'm on the search for a new laptop. I'm looking for something pretty basic for practical home use (Email, Web browsing, iTunes, very small amount of song downloading) As of right now I have only used 130 GB of my free 232 GB C drive using the laptop I have owned for 2.5 years. So no need of huge hard drives or memory.

I have found what I believe to be a bargin on a Lenovo IdeaPad Z565-43113LU laptop for a great price of $379.99. My question to you is what your thoughts are on the Lenovo brand. Based on my search, I have read that they are usually in the top 3 brands, but I don't think I have ever seen anybody I know own one. So I'm just kind of hesitant on making the commitment on this without a few opinions. I know it's only 380 bucks but money is really tight and I want something that I know will be reliable.

Here's the link to the laptop at Best Buy: Lenovo IdeaPad

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Opinions Needed Please!: Lenovo-IdeaPad Z565-43113LU Laptop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Opinions Needed Please!: Lenovo-IdeaPad Z565-43113LU Laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Not to duplicate reviews.

In reply to: Opinions Needed Please!: Lenovo-IdeaPad Z565-43113LU Laptop

Collapse -
Still looking..

In reply to: Not to duplicate reviews.

Thanks Bob, I value your input.

Does anybody have an opinion on a good 15.6' display laptop that tops around $450? Not looking for ton of memory (around 3gb memory 320 hd), but would like it to have decent speed for browsing internet.

Collapse -
Sorry.

In reply to: Still looking..

I think I soured you on this laptop. I'm not writing it's a bad display but that the numbers they presented means I must see it in person before purchase.

Maybe you left out a detail such as you will not inspect the laptop prior to purchase. For my purchases I always get a look at the machine.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
i just bought one..

....and i love it. it is comparable to laptops that cost much more, i upgraded memory to 8gig (which is overkill...dont really need more than 4 gig) so i wont have to upgrade later. videos run in hi-def beautifully with no stuttering, and i made sure i had an external hard drive for backup, and that is it. this has alot of high-end features, runs win7 64bit. i went from a lenovo s10e ideapad which really did hold its own with what i do, which is email, movies, forums, some games, and web surfing. this new laptop handles all that and more. many great features, i was pleased with the price and the performance. i would never buy anything other than lenovo or ibm. feel free to ask me more, i know this is a month after your original post, so maybe you made your purchase already? let us know!

Collapse -
Answer
ah, i just read about the display concerns...

and i assure you, this display is beautiful. i have no problems with it in broad daylight of in complete darkness, the only thing may be the degree of viewing angle - if there are two or more people viewing, reviews have offered that the screen is not so good for that, but i really do not see a problem with it. i watch with my kids all the time and do not notice any problems. that being said, you can always hook up laptop to an external monitor---i picked up a nice one for $129, an lg 17 inch, which is looks great. i say grab the z565, it is well worth it! lenovo brand is always quality. i have owned many different brands and fixed quite a few different brands, this one beats them all, and bloatware is minimal.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.