TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Opinions:Lack of cust service what to do Vizio E421VA LCD TV

by gtgeorge / April 6, 2011 6:00 AM PDT

Problem with my new Vizio E421VA tv & Dell customer support or lack of....... What do you think I should do??

Isent this letter to customer service two times and to this date have had NO response.

Read on Please.......

Posted by GTGeorge on 03-30-2011 8:57 AM
I just received my new Vizio 42" LCD TV from Dell Small business 4 days ago, since then my life has been surrounded or consumed with getting it set up. Let me explain as far as the initial set up it was a piece of cake, picture was except able but the sound .... Well that is another story.... Lip sync or lack of... It will give me a headache if I try to watch it, It is just not acceptable..... I have been on the phone with Vizio and they tried to help. A side note: The support personal at Vizio were very professional and spoke great English and were in fact in the US, they gave me their badge # at the start of the conversation and were very polite and escalated me right up the chain of command till I was at level 2, we did all the resets changes that could be made and even went through a firmware update. NO HELP, if anything it is worse. I have two other TV's one HD 60" and a 27" and I have no problems with lip sync with either one and have changed back and forth several times in the last 4 days using the same cable box connections and hardware. So I can rule out the Verizon cable network. Vizio had me run all the tests as stated.

Vizio said that that model I bought E421VA has been known to have that problem in some area markets and he could not explain it any further, he suggested that since I had had the TV for only 3 days at that point that I return it to Dell Small business and get a replacement model M420VT about the same money but Vizio had added a feature of being able to adjust lip sync and that would solve the problem he apologized to me for the problem but was reassuring that the swap would solve the problem.

NOW I want to be clear that I had no chip on my shoulder (so to speak) when I called Dell small business yesterday and armed with Vizios recommendations and real names and date and time that I was in contact with Vizio and the results. I Called Dell Customer service !! What a surprise and a huge let down I was on the phone (mostly on hold for over THREE HOURS!! and got transfered 9 times and disconnected 2 times and had to start over I asked over and over for a direct # to call and the only number given to me was 800-456-3355 and at that # after lengthy waits I was told repeatedly I called the wrong # and would be redirected and I would ask for the correct # to call and would be given the same # I just called.......................... I had to explain what I wanted over and over and over... and get this I spoke with 9 different people and some times I could hear dozens of conversations all the calls were answered by foreign speaking people I have no problem with that but their was a language barrier that compounded...... here is the list of who I spoke to at DELL SUPPORT, and the spelling is exactly what they gave me because I write everything down and would get their Name and spelling before I would give them what I was calling about here it is 1. INY 2. BRN (pronounced Brown) 3. Carl 4. Kit 5. Ray 6. Amit 7. Cam (pronounced SAM) 8. Phil And number 9 Victor I was disconnected twice and the cherry on my whipped cream experience was Mr. Victor after I was transfered to him by Phil; who assured me I was in the right call center and another long wait Mr. Victor after hearing about half my problem said (THIS WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF) he said Quote "I AM OFF THE CLOCK IN 5 MIN" and I asked him since I had been on the phone for three hours if he could at least give me a phone # I could call back tomorrow and was cut off in mid sentence.

This is the worst customer support I have ever had happen to me ever!!!

I am 63 years and have been in business for myself most of my life dealing directly with the public good and bad, and had any of my employees EVER talked to one of my customers like the way I was treated they would have been looking for a job.

Is this how Dell handles their Customers???

Do they do this so most will get frustrated and give up????

How could I have gotten 9 different people in customer support that were so disconnected to customer service???

And most important What do you think I should do???

I record all my phone calls and informed all that I do that for customer service so I do have records of all I stated.......!!!!!!!!!!!

The moderator will probably want to trash this but I hope not as I want to help with this problem as I can not be the only one.....

It's funny that I could have gone to any of the Big Box stores and got the same product at the same price but I wanted to save some time (MY Time is My Money)

so I ordered on line form Dell Small Business.

The big box stores have a no questions asked return or upgrade replacement NO HASSLES.

What was I thinking???

If the Moderator trashes this I hope he or she gives a copy of this letter to someone in charge of customer service who truly cares and wants to make the company stronger and better BECAUSE THE CUSTOMERS ARE THE BUSINESS!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Opinions:Lack of cust service what to do Vizio E421VA LCD TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Opinions:Lack of cust service what to do Vizio E421VA LCD TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No trash zone.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2011 9:20 AM PDT

You didn't violate any forum policy but if you were in those call centers, and your shift is over at 5AM then you might tell the caller your shift ends in 5 minutes. It is not how Dell treated you but how Dell treats it call center and employees.

-> If you don't feel it is getting resolved soon, why not move to the next step and arrange for the return and refund?

Just stick to "lip sync" issue not resolved and that's that.
bob

Collapse -
Somewhat unrealistic expectations
by Pepe7 / April 6, 2011 2:59 PM PDT

Keep in mind Dell didn't make the HDTV, they simply sold it. If you did the research, you would have known that they outsource quite a lot of their CS functions, including part of the process to obtain a CRA for returns. FWIW, that policy alone swayed my own father to drive two hours to a big box store instead of having to deal with CS overseas. To each his own, I suppose. I'm sorry they gave you the runaround, but it will be necessary to call Dell to start the return process. I have yet to see a fix posted for the audio sync issue on that model. For the same basic price as that particular Vizio you can get a decent Panasonic plasma with no such problems.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!