Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Opinion on Office XP service pack 3

by shylaugh / February 24, 2005 9:46 AM PST

I have Microsoft Works Suite 2004 with Microsoft Word 2002. There is a service pack 3 which I have not installed because I have not had any problems and think I should just leave well enough alone. Don't need or want any problems. You all seem to have a lot of knowledge and would like your opinion. I tend to be a little fearful after so many problems with my old computer and so far on my Dell Dimension 4700 things have been fine and would like to keep them fine. Thank you for your opinion.
shylaugh

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Opinion on Office XP service pack 3
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Opinion on Office XP service pack 3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by AInTeL / February 25, 2005 10:45 AM PST

Dear shylaugh,

I've had no problems with it... But I generally don't have any problems with computers - none that last long, at least.

My suggestion, though, is if everything is working well for you right now, and you have all the features you need, then why take the chance? (especially if you have a history of computer errors).

If you don't even know what it is, and you have all the options you need, as well as having all of them work properly, then maybe the risk isn't worth it...

I simply don't know exactly what and how you get your errors, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what this installation might affect, though I'm pretty confident it is just a tiny addition, with little requirements...

Hope this helps...
-AInTeL

Collapse -
service pack
by shylaugh / February 25, 2005 6:46 PM PST
In reply to: reply

I don't have any problems with this computer because it is new. I just didn't know about the service pack.
shylaugh

Collapse -
by AInTeL / February 26, 2005 7:04 AM PST
In reply to: service pack

It's nothing harmful... Nothing big either.

-AInTeL

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!