Resolved Question

Open up a Syncmaster p2350

So, I've been having trouble with my Syncmaster P2350 the last couple of days.

The symptom is that it takes a couple of tries to get it to start (the other times it just flickers on and then off). The display doesn't have any warranty left so I thought I'd check if there are any broken capacitors (which seems to be a quite common issue) and in that case replace them.

Would really need help on how to disassemble the screen as there are no visible screws.

Discussion is locked
JBarberU has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Open up a Syncmaster p2350
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Open up a Syncmaster p2350
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Did you try those Youtube videos?
- Collapse -
Great

Although it wasn't my exact model, the method used in the video did the trick.

Unfortunately there were no blown capacitors but at least I know how to open the display.

- Collapse -
Tell more about your inspection.

The bad caps issue or rather plague has me writing that nothing less than perfect caps are acceptable. It does not have be broken, blown but could be leaking, dome tops, rubber gasket showing, tilters and more.

Do you know this issue?
Bob

CNET Forums