HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Oops! Tea Party Leader arrested on Piracy charge

by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 4:48 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Oops! Tea Party Leader arrested on Piracy charge
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Oops! Tea Party Leader arrested on Piracy charge
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It doesn't say where
by TONI H / July 28, 2011 5:29 AM PDT

he was selling it, but if it was on ebay, they have a Microsoft tech on staff that oversees every seller of their software to make sure they have the proper licenses to do so, including copying the disks and having the correct COA to go with it.

If the story is factual and he is, in fact, guilty of piracy, he deserves whatever gets handed down by the courts.

Collapse -
I saw something in the other link.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 5:37 AM PDT
In reply to: It doesn't say where

From that article links to http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-law-brief/57519-republican-tea-party-leader-arrested-for-computer-piracy?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tgdaily_all_sections+%28TG+Daily+-+All+News%29

"His software piracy scheme came to an end after one of his customers purchased four copies of Rosetta Stone software, and then tried to resell the software himself. The person he sold it to found out it was an illegal copy.

So when he tried to go back to Trinca for a refund, Trinca refused. That's when the police got involved."

No honor among thieves! Happy

Mark

Collapse -
Just looks like a nice older couple
by Steven Haninger / July 28, 2011 5:33 AM PDT

who've lost all fingers except for the middle ones. Happy Well, the mention of the Grand Strand means its around Myrtle Beach so maybe they've retired there and need to make a living anyway they can. The article does say they've been accused but not convicted so we need to wait and hear the rest of the story. As for the Tea Party, about all I know is they're tired paying high taxes. There's another group whose agenda is somewhat the opposite. They do want higher taxes but just don't want them levied on themselves. Wink

Collapse -
Anyone notice the spelling and grammar errors on their site?
by Josh K / July 28, 2011 5:41 AM PDT

I'm guessing that whoever this "tea party leader" is, he's just some down home boy trying to make some noise.

Collapse -
If it was me
by James Denison / July 28, 2011 7:25 AM PDT

I'd have claimed to be a Democrat, LOL.

Collapse -
claimed?
by JP Bill / July 28, 2011 7:41 AM PDT
In reply to: If it was me

AND how would you claim that?

Collapse -
His Liberal views
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 9:40 PM PDT
In reply to: claimed?

expressed in this forum might have helped! Happy

Mark

Collapse -
Dems wouldn't sell the software.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 9:44 PM PDT
In reply to: claimed?

They would give it away for free. Wink

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.