Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Oops!!! I'm almost dead

I tried to fix a virus problem earlier and took one of your suggestion and use "Smithfraud fix.exe". The virus is now gone but a bigger promlem follows because smithfraud didn't go as procedure or instructions dictate. Now i have this error:"0x00000035" and "a problem has been detected and windows had to shut down to prevent further damage" then after about 30seconds the computer reboots only to the scrool bars and the blue screen comes back with the samr warning. If i press f8 during rebooth it will boot up okay and after about 30mins it goes into the same loop of warning and booting up. can anyone help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Oops!!! I'm almost dead
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Oops!!! I'm almost dead
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just a shot at it.

In reply to: Oops!!! I'm almost dead

http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=337

Besides the known fixes I wonder if a driver is at fault. Does safe mode work?

THE 30 MINUTES sounds like a heat issue. If it's a desktop, remove the case cover and retest. Does it work longer?
Collapse -
No new install

In reply to: Just a shot at it.

No new driver or component was installed, and i did use safemode but the problem was not removed. I did installed AVG8.0 FREE EDITION, A SQUARE,Spy-Bot and Ad-Aware. This was done in attempt to remove the many viruses. when that did not work i then try this fraud think and bam i got hit. Anyways here goes i will give your suggestion a try. By the way i am using the same computer to talk to you guys right now. if i let it idle it will give me the blue looping screen

Collapse -
"No new driver or component was installed, and i did use

In reply to: No new install

"No new driver or component was installed, and i did use safemode but the problem was not removed."

Sorry if I was unclear here. It does not matter if you did or did not install a new driver or not.

-> Moving on... I can't tell what happens if you boot safe mode. I read your posts twice and have come to the conclusion that once it boots it works for 30 minutes. If so, I suspect heat. Tell more and remember that I only know what you write here.
Bob

Collapse -
My fault

In reply to: "No new driver or component was installed, and i did use

Sorry Bob but i foolishly started another thread because so many different problems pop up that i am no longer sure what to do. But to answer your question. the only thing i did was to change the location of the one memory stick from bank 3 to bank 1. Now bank one does not work anymore.
How would i find which driver is bad.
At power up just before all the icons come on the screen, this big window, almost as big as the computer screen in yellow and blue saying "virus detected, install a antivirus"
Strange, because i have AVG8.0 and avast running.
Once again sorry for the new thread.

Collapse -
You can't move sticks willy nilly.

In reply to: My fault

If you find a combo that doesn't work... Well hit the documentation about the hardware but...

About that virus popup. It's either malware or something else. Read http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1180345 and try their usual reply.

i have AVG8.0 and avast running.

Sorry. You will find a recurring piece of advice about that. One and one only for your antivirus and firewall. Run two and very strange things can happen.

Bob

Collapse -
System info

In reply to: Oops!!! I'm almost dead

sorry guys i was in such rush i forgot the most important info.
System is XP-PRO, 512MB, P4, Gateway.
"Page_Fault_in_None_Page area 0x00000035

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.