Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Online VoIP and Fax service

I'm trying to set up a virtual office and am looking for good providers of phone and fax services. I've seen lots of recommendations for MyFax but I'm wondering if there is a similar service that includes VoIP with call forwarding. Does anyone have a service they've used or heard of that comes with good recommendations?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Online VoIP and Fax service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Online VoIP and Fax service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Online Fax

In reply to: Online VoIP and Fax service

Hi there! Many people are engaged in using RingCentral. Aside from providing them your online fax needs, they as well offer 30-day trial promo to check if their service really is that satisfactory for you.

Collapse -
VOIP

I have tried several VOIP services. Some services were miserable, and some were excellent. It all depends in what you want out of your VOIP. Mobility? or price? Vonage works fine, and has lots of included features. Its good for an office/home phone as it has 911 capabilities. However, they are expensive.

I get all the benefits of Vonage without the 911 capabilities by switching to Skype. I use my headset, and as it is for business, i;m at my desk. The best part? US$30 per YEAR. That's the price that Vonage charges me per month.

With the mobility part, there are Skpye phones that will work like the normal phones, and would not require the use of a computer. It sells for approx $170, and is almost identical to a normal phone.

emarketer102
Zone Alarm Pro

Collapse -
They always cost you a lot!

As we know, online faxes always charge us a lot. I'd like to recommend you to use joyfax software, which is the cheapest software I have encountered. Such as "1 Fax Server plus 1 client" just cost you $85. What you need is just a phone line, a fax modem or fax card.You can just google it and find more details about it if you like.

Collapse -
$85 isn't expensive to you?

In reply to: They always cost you a lot!

Collapse -
Try these

I've heard a lotta good things about voip.ms. Have you thought about coming at it from the other direction? Look for a VOIP provider ---> see if they provide fax?

Darrell Bray
Business VOIP

Collapse -
Re: Online VoIP and Fax service

I wouldn't recommend the Magic Jack solution. MyFax has pretty good ratings, and there are a few other options out there. I know RingCentral has an extremely high customer satisfaction rating for their fax and VOIP services. I would definitely recommend either MyFax or RingCentral. You can find a good comparison of those two services along with a few others at http://computerfaxing.org. I believe Metrofax is another option, as they have a Metro Hi-Speed for VOIP service as well.

Collapse -
I agree

In reply to: Re: Online VoIP and Fax service

But for those people who really want the best bang for the buck fax service I suggest you check out Onesuite fax service.

$2.95/month with unlimited incoming fax and only 2.5c per page sent
$1/month for unlimited incoming fax. No sending out feature.

Collapse -
Fax services

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.