Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Online Storage

Dec 12, 2005 9:06PM PST

I'm looking for a reliable online,free if possible, online file storage. Can anyone help me out?

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Just asking.
Dec 12, 2005 9:13PM PST

If the service is free, how could it be reliable? Who's paying for disk space, backup, pizza and electric bills?

Bob

- Collapse -
Online storage
Dec 12, 2005 9:21PM PST

You're not going to find much, if anything, for free! Are you just looking to upload a file to share or tranfer to another PC or to someone else? Secondly, why would you want an unknown entity to have access to your possibly important data? Buy an external HD and store your data there. It's portable and can be taken anywhere and hooked to any PC/Mac. There are also USB Flash drives you can put in your pocket and take anywhere as well. Storage size on those have increased to 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 6gb!

- Collapse -
an option
Dec 21, 2005 5:10AM PST

try mozy.com

- Collapse -
online storage space
Dec 21, 2005 5:50AM PST

Sign up for a free Yahoo account. They offer a "brief case" feature with 30 meg of storage space that you can access from any computer. You can even share files with friends with the proper authorization. I believe they are safe and reliable.

- Collapse -
To qrpike and goorsha. Posts deleted.
Dec 9, 2008 9:54PM PST

You both posted to a thread that is now 3 years old. Both posts had site advertising which contravenes Forum Policy.

While such reference to products on web sites may be acceptable if they are relevant to the discussion, since this discussion is so old, I do not consider them relevant.

That's why I deleted your posts.

Thread locked to avoid spam.

Mark