General discussion

online purchase and warranty

I am in the market for a plasma TV..there are significant price breaks if I buy online like plasma direct and price mad...some manufactures do not warranty online purchases.. I know they all offer optional warranty's

does anyone know how hard it is to get warranty service from an online purchase???...for example one warranty company is mac(not related to apple)..Help before I take that step for that plasma TV

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: online purchase and warranty
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: online purchase and warranty
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
hello

anybody out there..has no one purchased a plasma online???

- Collapse -
well...

About warranties... its really hard to find one that is extensive enough to be justified & cheap enough to be reasonable.
Tell me you went to some stores & actually checked out the unit you want to get in person. Happy I dunno... perhaps the people in this forum can't exercise enough patience once they actually see it in person at the stores. There is also that added security of transporting it back home yourself.

- Collapse -
the plasma

I checked out the Pioneer pro 920 at the local retailer..I can save about $1400 from Plama direct or price mad..the catch is..Pioneer will not warranty any online purchase....i know the quality is good but do I roll the dice on such a big purchase???

CNET Forums

Forum Info