General discussion

Online DVD Rental Netflix vs Blockbuster vs Quickflix

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have now officially completed my tests of the three big online rental services. Following are the complete statistics.

Netflix: Superior delivery times, 2 at a time in a two week period netted 18 movies (this is outstanding). One movie was defective, reported and immediately shipped (without question). Very good movie selection. Excellent availablity.

Blockbuster: Below average delivery times, 2 at a time in a two week period netted 8 movies. One movie was delivered 5 days from said date of delivery. Coupons for problems require in-store membership. Excellent movie selection. Average availablity.

Quickflix: Extremely poor delivery times, 2 at a time in a one week period netted only 2 movies. At this time, movies are not shown as received. Customer service is not as stated in their advertisement. Poor movie selection. Poor availability.

All movies were dropped off at the post office to insure rapid return delivery. Only Blockbuster had an agreement with the USPS to note arrival, but for some reason, their delivery to my home was still extremely slow.

If you want a great selection of movies and don't mind the delivery times and already have a Blockbuster membership, this is an acceptable online DVD rental.

If you want a great selection with great availability and accurate delivery times, Netflix is your answer.

Avoid Quickflix! Their promise of great customer service actually fell below that of Netflix and Blockbuster. Their selection was disappointing and delivery times were unacceptable.

As a note; All online DVD rental distribution centers were within one-hour of my home.

Happy renting.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Online DVD Rental Netflix vs Blockbuster vs Quickflix
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Online DVD Rental Netflix vs Blockbuster vs Quickflix
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
i definitely agree

i never used quickflix. i had netflix and blockbuster online for a while.

i had blockbuster online for about 2 months, i like to rent 2, watch 2, return 2, rent 2 more, watch 2, return 2, etc. i'd say i rented 15dvd's from them over those 2 months....they never updated my qeue right. i would send 2 movies in the same day, but one of them will be received a few days later while the other will never get entered in the system until i did it manually by using the "problem with delivery" option. it was quite annoying so i canceled it.

i still use the blockbuster.com interface though cause i think its a lot better especially for new releases...then i go on netflix and rent it from there after i found the movies i need.

- Collapse -
A VOTE FOR NETFLIX.

I HAVE BEEN WITH NETFLIX FOR A FEW MONTHS AND SO FAR THE SERVICE HAS BEEN AS ADVERTISED. I EVEN GIVEN A FEW OF THEIR GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS TO FRIENDS.

- Collapse -
Qwikfliks

Just a note, that this article is talking about an American DVD rental company - correctly spelt QUIKFLIKS. It has no relation to the Australian DVD company, QUICKFLIX.

CNET Forums

Forum Info