HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Onkyo TX-SR605 set up,no sound

by jthurley / February 20, 2008 9:30 AM PST

I know I am missing something, Recently purchased TX-SR605 connected to just stereo speakers(so far) older Digital Phase AP1(8 ohm), and not any noise, hiss or anything out of the speakers.Receiver set on known FM station. I have been on the phone twice with Onkyo customer service, but no help. They believe both speakers and or wires are defective, but wouldn't I get some noise if that were the case? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Onkyo TX-SR605 set up,no sound
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Onkyo TX-SR605 set up,no sound
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SOUNDS LIKE A SIMPLE THING.................
by Riverledge / February 20, 2008 10:34 AM PST

BUT, AS I PERSONALLY DON'T OWN A SR605..........ONKYO IS MISSING SOMETHING.

DO THESE SPEAKERS HAVE FUSES??? Not familiar with DIGITAL PHASE AP1s.

WHY DIDN'T YOU COMPLAIN SOONER?

Collapse -
this may sound stupid.
by gabereyes / February 20, 2008 12:51 PM PST

but is the speaker A or B turned on?

its a button on the front of the reciever.

Collapse -
DOESN'T SOUND STUPID AT ALL............
by Riverledge / February 20, 2008 1:10 PM PST
In reply to: this may sound stupid.

AS I REMEMBER, PREVIOUS RECEIVERS HAD SWITCHES FOR SPEAKERS, SUCH AS:

A,
B,
A+B, and
OFF. (OR HEADPHONES ONLY.)

Check out GABER's hint.

Riverledge.

Collapse -
No sound Onkyho
by Clarkhill37 / February 20, 2008 9:24 PM PST

I have an older Onkyo receiver which can suddenly have the same no sound problem. This is usually because one of the speaker a or b buttons on the remote has been accidentally pushed. I can look at the receiver display and note whether it shows speaker a as it should, or instead displays speaker b or a and b which will result in no sound. I then have to play with the a and b buttons on the receiver until I get sound.

I don't know if you have the same setup on your newer receiver, but changing the speaker display would be worth a try if you do.

Collapse -
Onkyo - SR 605
by Cheshireman_1 / February 19, 2009 4:42 AM PST

I have exactly the same issue. Speaker set up was OK and sound produced then. HDMI inputs and output set and running 8 ohm speakers. 6 ohm selected as there is no 8 ohm setting. Digital input to automatic. Not a sqeek.

This receiver does not have the A + B speakers - head phone selection found on previous AMP's at least not that I can see.

Collapse -
look at the original post date
by Pepe7 / February 19, 2009 5:16 AM PST
In reply to: Onkyo - SR 605

It's too bad CNET keeps the old stuff on the boards so long. It's really silly to not scroll off based on being nearly a year old.

-Pedro

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.