Question

Onenote 2010 problems

I recently restored my laptop to factory settings and decided it was a good time to change from Office suite 2007 to 2010. I use Onenote for taking notes in class but I am having trouble getting it to do things I previously was able to in 2007.

I am using windows xp 32bit.

When I go to print and select "send to onenote 2010" and select print it acts like it is printing but never reaches or displays anything in onenote. I don't get an error message, and the option to print to there is available it just never pops up. I have tried it with onenote open and with onenote closed. In 2007 it would normally just open onenote and put it there. I have found numerous posts online about issues with 64bit printing (which I am using 32 bit so it shouldn't matter) and issues with the option disappearing (my option is available so not the issue).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Onenote 2010 problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Onenote 2010 problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did Microsoft tell you to do this?
- Collapse -
That did it.

No they didn't but that seemed to do the trick. I upgraded to service pack 3 when I reinstalled but forgot to update the .net framework. Thank you.

- Collapse -
Thanks for the update.

Just so you know, Google and XP ONENOTE 2010 found this in 200 milliseconds.
Bob

CNET Forums