Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

one touch button program

by jimc197 / October 9, 2007 12:56 PM PDT

need to reinstall one touch button program but I forgot how
to do it Can some one help?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: one touch button program
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: one touch button program
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
start>control panel>add/remove programs
by Dango517 / October 9, 2007 12:58 PM PDT

choose program>uninstall.

Collapse -
one touch button program
by jimc197 / October 9, 2007 10:29 PM PDT

after I uninstall program where do I find program to install it?
Jim

Collapse -
What is the "one touch button program"?
by Kees Bakker / October 9, 2007 10:34 PM PDT

And how did you install it the first time?
And do you want to do it?

Kees

Collapse -
one touch
by jimc197 / October 9, 2007 10:43 PM PDT

I can't remember

Collapse -
If you can't remember ...
by Kees Bakker / October 9, 2007 10:44 PM PDT
In reply to: one touch

what it is, why do you need it then?

Kees

Collapse -
Re: one touch button
by Kees Bakker / October 9, 2007 10:47 PM PDT
Collapse -
We need to know what it is first
by Dango517 / October 9, 2007 10:39 PM PDT

You should have a copy in your documents section or your programs files under C: drive.

Collapse -
"should have"
by Kees Bakker / October 9, 2007 10:41 PM PDT

Why should he?

My Documents is a little bit strange place for programs, and Program Files by default only contains installed programs. So I'd say he shouldn't.

Kees

Collapse -
A spare copy of most
by Dango517 / October 9, 2007 11:07 PM PDT
In reply to: "should have"
Collapse -
Re: downloaded programs
by Kees Bakker / October 9, 2007 11:19 PM PDT
In reply to: A spare copy of most

If you download to the desktop, it's on the desktop. And there is no universal rule what to with it. Not even to copy it to My Documents.

In this case, I'm sure he didn't even download it. But the setup program might be in a folder like c:\compaq or c:\drivers or maybe the program itself is in c:\windows or c:\windows\system as long as it isn't uninstalled or deleted. But you must know the name to find it there. It might also be a folder with a .inf file and some dll's to install. It can be everything and effective help is near impossible.

Kees

Collapse -
one touch button
by jimc197 / October 9, 2007 11:04 PM PDT

It controls the button that turns on my wireless.
the small button in the front of the laptop that lights
up when you push it. only it won't light up when it is turned on

Collapse -
This is a real button on the computer
by Dango517 / October 9, 2007 11:11 PM PDT
In reply to: one touch button

tower not one on a program with in the computers programs?

Collapse -
Re; one touch button program
by Kees Bakker / October 9, 2007 11:13 PM PDT

Then it's laptop specific.

Search your cd's for something like the 'driver and utilities' cd that came with the laptop and follow the instructions. Or search the download section on the manufacturers site for a copy of the installation program.

If you can't find it and the makers customer helpdesk can't help you either, you'll have to buy and install another wireless device. Be sure to find a safe place for the CD!

It's unlikely, in my opinion, that you'll ever find the install program on your laptop.

Kees

Collapse -
I'll let you take this one.
by Dango517 / October 9, 2007 11:18 PM PDT

Bye.

Collapse -
Thanks anyway.
by Kees Bakker / October 9, 2007 11:21 PM PDT

It's impossible to help with such a vague question. But you did a good try. Appreciate that.

Kees

Collapse -
one touch
by jimc197 / October 9, 2007 11:55 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks anyway.

Hi Kees
didn't mean to be to give to little info.
when I push the button for wireless it does not come on
Had this problem befor and was told to reinstall the one touch
button program. this worked, but I can't remember how I did
it.
Have to run I am on the road will get back tonight
Thanks
Jim

Collapse -
Neither do I.
by Kees Bakker / October 9, 2007 11:58 PM PDT

Maybe (small chance) if you post your problem in the laptop forum and mention make and model of your laptop, somebody with the same laptop will know and tell you. It's definitely not a XP issue, so this is the wrong forum anyway.

If not, your only chance is to contact customer services again so they can tell you again how to do it. Or find out yourself.

Kees

Collapse -
I think you have a burnt out light bulb
by Dango517 / October 10, 2007 10:31 AM PDT

because it is burnt out the circuit is not getting continuity. Replace the light bulb. This will in most likelihood require replacement of the entire wiring assemble. Do this yourself or take it to a shop. My guess about $10.00 if you do it yourself, $50.00 if a shop does it.

Another possibility is a driver replacement. I'm guessing this wire plugs directly into the Mother Board. If not then directly into the Hard Drive. One of these locations is where the driver will be located in Device Manager. You can attempt to update it yourself by taking this path. start>control panel>device manager>check other devices first then drives, you may have to check everything>if you find it right click it and choose update driver>a wizard will appear> choose the online search option>let the wizard run>did it install the new driver?

Second option, open your computer so you can see your Mother Board. In bold letters should be the make and model/version of the board. Write this down. Do a search for the manufactures web site (MCI, ASUS, Intel, etc.). Then check in the support section for drivers. You may find it there. Other diagnostic software maybe available from this site as well.

Third option, contact a company like eSupport and buy the driver, about $10.00.

If this fails, we will need to find that program. Try the above options first then return and we'll track it down.

Amazing that a burnt out light bulb would cause all is trouble isn't it?

I apologize for not understand what it was that was causing your troubles. I think I understand now and would suggest the above listed solutions.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.