Rant

One-pixel lines on my toshiba satellite laptop

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: One-pixel lines on my toshiba satellite laptop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: One-pixel lines on my toshiba satellite laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sorry.
- Collapse -
Thanks

thank Bob for the notes. My laptop is Toshiba SAtellite L300-1AQ I also should say that Im using the laptop now using an external screen which works fine.

Cheers

- Collapse -
That's a great clue.

This points to connection, cable of LCD failure. The problem is that I've seen it be any of the three items. Yes it could be some driver on a chip but that was on the low end of the percent scale.

Looking at the specs I see the usual 4500MHD which is not something I've seen fail. Also repair at the maker should run more than what this laptop sells for on the open market.

-> Now it comes down to your choice. You can use the external until something else dies or if you are the type the wants to dive in and try unplugging and reseating cables then in the CNET Laptop Troubleshooting Forum at the top we have content about getting inside and what to expect when we need to unplug that flat cable.
Bob

CNET Forums