HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

ON-OFF ISSUES

by tferri / October 8, 2009 2:29 AM PDT

This message board is probably visited by .0025% of the total Samsung LCD owners. If Samsung is offering a free repair service and it filled up as quickly as it did, isn't this problem much bigger issue than Samsung is currently willing to admit?

It sounds to me this is a recall issue.

My LNT4671 is doing the same thing as the other members. When turned on, it clicks for about a full minute, then finally plays the jingle and turns on.

Again, if the issue is this wide spread, this is a problem with a part and a recall should be issued to replace that part FREE of charge.

Samsung as a company needs to address this issue immediately. In a majority of the cases on this message board, this issue happens shortly after the warranty expires. We all bought Samsung TVs for their clarity, picture quality and reputation. Please address this issue for more than 50 people.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ON-OFF ISSUES
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ON-OFF ISSUES
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ON-OFF ISSUES
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 8, 2009 8:46 AM PDT
In reply to: ON-OFF ISSUES

tferri,

I will address it as soon as I can. I'm assisting in facilitating the program, but my position doesn't allow me to make such statements.

--HDTech

Collapse -
ON-OFF ISSUES
by tferri / October 8, 2009 11:59 AM PDT

I appreciate the response and respect your position.

Thank you for your help.

Collapse -
ON-OFF ISSUES
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 8, 2009 5:09 PM PDT

tferri,

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm sorry to be so brief. I have to be careful of what I say, but helping people is something that we thought about while putting this together.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Me too
by SammyTV / December 12, 2009 8:29 AM PST

LNT4661FX/XAA

Clicks for about 45 seconds when powered on before turning on, and many times will have pink pixels sprinkled all over the screen

Collapse -
Problem TV Tracking
by tferri / October 8, 2009 11:57 PM PDT

Anthony,

Would it help for people to list their model, serial numbers, etc. to track the issue? It could be a bad lot of parts as many of these are failing around the same time. I can start a new thread if necessary. In the meantime here is my information for what it's worth:

LNT4671FX/XAA
AK323CNPC00505K
SS03

Collapse -
Samsung LNT4671FX/XXA On/Off Issue
by Khatraa / December 12, 2009 4:46 AM PST
In reply to: Problem TV Tracking

My LNT4671 is doing the same thing as the other members. When turned on, it clicks for about a full minute, then finally plays the jingle and turns on. The model # is LNT4671FX/XXA.

Amrik

Collapse -
LNT4671FX/XAA - clicks 3 minutes before turning on
by frpegas / January 22, 2010 8:43 PM PST
In reply to: Problem TV Tracking

LNT4671FX/XAA
Serial Number : AK323CNQ201217L

I bought this TV less than 2 years ago for around $2,800 and it has the same problem. It clicks for about 3 minutes before it turns on.

The funny (sad?) thing is that Samsung has already identified the problem on its website's troubleshooting section and surprisingly rather than making a recall, everything they do to help is suggest that you contact an authorized technician.

I live in Manhattan, NY -- yes, Manhattan, not Zimbabwe. The nearest authorized technician is 30 miles away. Can you imagine how much this guy is going to charge me just to come by and pick up this 80 pounds TV?

We are moving to a new home and are shopping for a bigger TV.

It is definitely not going to be a Samsung, which should spend less in marketing and more in costumer support.

Collapse -
Amen to that
by davidlanham99 / January 16, 2011 12:37 PM PST

I bought the 46" Samsung, LNT4671FX/XAA, about 2 years ago. It was clicking off and on for longer and longer periods of time, now all it does is click endlessly and it won't come on at all. I contacted Samsung, they are not interested, but they keep sending me spam to buy more of their products! I told them, whoever may listen there, that I'll remember this 20 years from now and I won't be spending thousands on any more Samsung products, lol. How dumb would I have to be to buy anything from them again?

Collapse -
Same Thing happened to me like a Week ago
by PlayerXclusive / December 27, 2010 9:26 AM PST

Well just a year and a half ago my dad purchased a Samsung Flat screen series 7 LN40A750. Recently i purchased a PS3 for my birthday and i played it. Then after a month of playing for 2 hrs in the weekend. My tv started to turn off and on as i turned it on. Then one day my dad saw this happened and he thinks i made this happen and screamed at me like I SPEND $2000 DOLLARS ON THIS TV. Well now I need help is anyone willing to help me!! I'm pretty i get blamed for nothing by the im only 15

Collapse -
Did you make the call?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2010 10:28 AM PST

I find many didn't call it in. 1800SAMSUNG, get the story and post your transaction number here if you don't get the answer you want.

The bad caps issue is well known, is not a SAMSUNG only issue and has been covered in deep detail.

Sorry that I can't help you directly.
Bob

Collapse -
I did
by PlayerXclusive / December 28, 2010 12:14 PM PST
In reply to: Did you make the call?

they said they are coming to my house but i could imagine how much they will cost cuz there is a blizzard in NYC currently and the roads are slipery and things

Collapse -
ON-OFF Issues
by BellaI66 / July 16, 2011 4:14 AM PDT

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this on/off problem? Samsung offered me a one-time free repair but they want the original sales receipt and I don't have it. And I don't have a car, so taking this TV to a repair shop on the bus would be a challange. Can I replace the capacitor myself? Details on how to fix it would be much appreciated.
It's a Samsung LN52A750R1F
Thanks!

Collapse -
Capacitor replacement
by BellaI66 / July 17, 2011 1:45 AM PDT
In reply to: ON-OFF Issues
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.