HolidayBuyer's Guide

Cameras forum

General discussion

Olympus SP-570 UZ digital camera?

by trofca / March 29, 2008 2:58 PM PDT

I am am interested in possibly purchasing the new Olympus SP-570 UZ digital model. Is this a good camera? I would be interested in hearing about people's experiences with this new model or even its predecessor the SP-550.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Olympus SP-570 UZ digital camera?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Olympus SP-570 UZ digital camera?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Olympus SP-570 UZ
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 29, 2008 10:48 PM PDT
Collapse -
Olympus SP-570 UZ
by tipoo_ / March 30, 2008 6:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Olympus SP-570 UZ

i hope they made other improvements besides bumping up the megapixels. my friend has the 550uz and i love its shape and weight, but picture quality is nothing outstanding. when is this being released in north america? are there any reviews yet?

Collapse -
Frustrations with Olympus SP-550UZ
by LeeFbx / April 1, 2008 5:32 AM PDT

I have been a loyal Olympus user for too many years, most recently with an SP-550UZ. Finally frustration with shutter lag and soft pictures convinced me to try a Nikon D40X. What a revealation!
Crystal sharp pics and minimal shutter lag.
I'm sorry, Olympus, but our long affair is so over.

Anyone thinking of buying the Olympus owes it to themselves to at
least check out The Nikon D40. Best camera I've ever owned.

Collapse -
olympus SP550
by yoshihondo / April 8, 2008 3:18 PM PDT

I have used a 550 for about 6 months and am very pleased with it. It does have some shutter lag and the card reads a bit slow,but the photos are definitely NOT soft. for the price and its intended use it is an excellent camera. as soon as the 570 is available I will purchase it. all of nikons products are usually excellent, I used them professionally for 22 years starting with fm's. however you cannot compare a slr to a compact point and shoot no matter how good it is.

Collapse -
movie and zoom
by C-TJ / April 18, 2008 1:04 AM PDT

The camera manual says that I can set digital zoom on for movies but I have tried and it always reverts back to a non-zoom status. how do you set digital zoom or manual zoom if that is possible? Seems absurd that it can't handle movie zooms when most other even simpler camera's do.
thanks for any help.
TJ L

Collapse -
olympus 570uz.. is a "dream" unit...
by jmarrow / April 17, 2008 8:05 AM PDT

... i just got mine 2 days ago (4/15/08)... and so far it is one heck of a photo machine... it is super easy to use... easy to set up and so far all pics shot are excellent at the 10mp level and... lower mp levels... i also have the monster samsung pro-815 from 2006... it also to me is an excellent unit. a beast of a performer... but the only big issue with it is no image stablization with a 15x excellent lens. the 20x olympus 570uz... works superbly with it's 2 image systems.... and even at the 10mp setting and using a 1mb xD card... it still loads up for 402 frames to be used.

i am not a person who knocks cameras for this and that the way most of the people in these forums tend to do... i just tell the facts... as it is... how it is... and if you want great pics...with a great range of motion (26mm up to 520 or 580mm i think) then the sp-570uz is the one... it is to me one heck of a dream machine..

hope this helps someone.. good day to all!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.