HolidayBuyer's Guide

Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

old word art in office word 2007

by Gavinbiesheuvel / April 13, 2008 8:30 PM PDT

hi,
i use Microsoft Office 2007... its a fantastic set of programs which prove very useful to me!
however in Word 2007, the clip art available is not the new Office 2007 kind which is available in Excel 07, Powerpoint 07, etc...
The clip art available in my office 2007 is the old, really ugly kind, available in office 2003... word is the only program out of the entire office suite which acts oddly. What can i do to get Word 07 to display and use the correct word art?
here are some screen captures!
Word 07: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/gavinbiesheuvel/Word.png
Excel 07: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/gavinbiesheuvel/Excel.png

if possible, please advise me on how to make the Word wordart look like the excel one! Thanks!
Gavin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: old word art in office word 2007
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: old word art in office word 2007
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Somethin I see that may be relevant.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 13, 2008 8:42 PM PDT

I don't use Office 2007 or Word 2007 so I am probably off the mark here, but in your Word, WordArt image I see a down arrow under
the "A - WordArt" menu icon.

Did you try clicking that arrow?

Mark

Collapse -
Sorry for the typo
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 13, 2008 8:47 PM PDT

I should have spelt Somethink in the subject line, Devil

Mark

Collapse -
nope! thats not it!
by Gavinbiesheuvel / April 13, 2008 8:50 PM PDT

nope, thats not it! sadly!!! Grin
that arrow is just there because you can resize that box, and thus you would need to scroll down... Sad

Collapse -
Ahh
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 13, 2008 8:51 PM PDT
In reply to: nope! thats not it!

Worth a try. Hopefully others here will have better ideas.

Mark

Collapse -
Have you...
by Papa Echo / April 14, 2008 10:05 PM PDT
In reply to: nope! thats not it!

...exhausted your choices ? I do not use Office 2007, but it seems that, from your screen shots, you have choices of "Word Art" and "Letter Art" for each of the Office programs... perhaps you have only accessed only one of them ?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.