That's rather vague.
- What exactly is "try to setup Internet"?
- What exactly is "says it is connected"?
- What exactly is "doesn't allow me to"?
- What exactly is "put back to Factory settings"?
And more questions:
- What is the IP-address (in IPCONFIG program, run it from command prompt) when connected via Ethernet?
- What is the IP-address (in IPCONFIG program, run it from command prompt) when connected via wireless?
- Did you enter the correct password of your router when connecting via wireless?
- What does Device Manager tell about the Ethernet card and the wireless card?
My other computer stopped working altogether, and so I started using my Acer Laptop that I had bought a pretty long time ago. It connects to the Internet just fine and has Windows 10 on it, but there is just hardly any space on it. I barely even have anything on it and the C Drive is already nearly full.
And so my Neighbor let me have his old Acer Laptop Computer which has much more space on it. It has Windows 7 on it. When I try to set up the Internet on it, it appears to connect and even says that it is connected, but then when I try to gey Online to a website, it doesn't allow me to. I tried using the Ethernet plug but that does not work either.
Also, I put the computer back to Factory Settings. I was hoping that this might make it register as 'My' computer, thinking that might help with the problem but that didn't help either. My Neighbor did not previously have the Internet on this computer.
Can anybody please help me with this problem?