Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

ok finally got itunes set up

by gwingee / March 29, 2008 9:55 AM PDT

now how do I put the music to my ipod from Itunes..when I plug in the ipod it only asks if I want to sync using windows media..how do I add itunes so I can download the songs from there to my ipod? thanks in advance..I have Windows xp sp2..broadband connection

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ok finally got itunes set up
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ok finally got itunes set up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Open iTunes. . .
by Coryphaeus / March 29, 2008 10:04 AM PDT

Then plug in the iPod. iTunes should detect it and ask if you want to "sync" it. Syncing copies the songs from iTunes to the iPod. Say yes. You will also be asked if you want iTunes to open if the iPod is plugged in first. Say yes.

From now on, any new songs in iTunes will be added to the iPod when it is plugged in. Automatically. But you can do it manually in Edit. Preferences, Syncing tab.

Collapse -
not happening
by gwingee / March 29, 2008 11:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Open iTunes. . .

when I plug in the ipod I get the box do I want to sync with Windows Media...nothing for Itunes..so what do I need to do????

Collapse -
OR
by gwingee / March 29, 2008 11:07 AM PDT
In reply to: not happening

how do I transfer the music from Itunes to Windows Media so I can ddownload the songs to my Ipod

Collapse -
Your iTunes install is screwed up. . .
by Coryphaeus / March 29, 2008 12:09 PM PDT
In reply to: OR

Did you allow it to install QuickTime? If so you need to open QuickTime and set QuickTime as the player for iTunes. If this fails, do a full uninstall of iTunes and reinstall the latest version, making sure QuickTime installs also.

Collapse -
I do have Qucik time
by gwingee / March 29, 2008 2:20 PM PDT

how do I set it up..I dont see an option for that...

Collapse -
Ok, open Quick Time. . .
by Coryphaeus / March 30, 2008 12:43 AM PDT
In reply to: I do have Qucik time

Click Edit, Preferences, choose Quick Time Preferences. On the File types tab, click Use defaults.

Now open iTunes. Tell me what happens when you plug in the iPod.

Collapse -
ok did that and here is what comes up
by gwingee / March 30, 2008 4:36 AM PDT

the box that says

take no action
sync using windows media
or
open device to view files using windows explorer

what do I do? Itunes was open..nothing on that end

Collapse -
oh by the way it is not an ipod
by gwingee / March 30, 2008 4:36 AM PDT

it is an MP player

Collapse -
itunes is for
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 30, 2008 4:41 AM PDT

Those players made and designed by apple.

Collapse -
Well, duh!
by Coryphaeus / March 30, 2008 5:40 AM PDT

In your first post you called it an iPod. As Bob says, iTunes is for an iPod. You're on your own now. I'll let you do the research. And since the device is not an iPod you can't use iTunes. Well, you can use iTunes but it will not sync with anything but an iPod.

Good luck.

Collapse -
well that just stinks
by gwingee / March 30, 2008 5:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Well, duh!

is there a way to transfer the music from Itunes to Windows Media???

Collapse -
Just a fishing lesson.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 30, 2008 6:25 AM PDT
In reply to: well that just stinks
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.