Question

oil for chrysler 300?

I have a chryler 300 , the red lamp oil light lights up when i brake , googled it a bit i might be missing oil.All stores re closed right now but i have tuw-30 synthetic oil , would that be ok?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: oil for chrysler 300?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: oil for chrysler 300?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Did you check the oil level?
- Collapse -
First You Start your Car

You should check your auto's oil at any rate once a month to ensure that there's sufficient oil and that it isn't debased. Oil lessens the grating in your motor and keeps it running easily. When you check your oil, on the off chance that it is messy or scents of gas, it's the ideal opportunity for your oil to be changed. You ought to likewise check the levels utilizing the oil dipstick – in case you're oil is spotless yet just reaches the "Include" some portion of the dipstick, you'll have to include more oil.

- Collapse -
Why did you use the word "grating"?
- Collapse -
Answer
Oil

Hi, Tom; I'd need year and engine size to tell you what oil the engine requires. The red light is probably coming on when you brake because the low oil level is 'sloshing' away from the pickup in the oil pan.
DO NOT drive the car until you have checked and filled to the 'full' mark on the oil dipstick. Have a friend or neighbor drive you to a store where you can buy some oil. Again, with year and engine size, I should be able to tell where the dipstick is located and type of oil.
Good luck.
Loren

CNET Forums

Forum Info