Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ohio State vs. Florida... who do you want to win?

I'm rooting for Florida... just so Boise State is left the undefeated winner of the BCS.

grim

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ohio State vs. Florida... who do you want to win?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ohio State vs. Florida... who do you want to win?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) ohio state!

In reply to: Ohio State vs. Florida... who do you want to win?

Collapse -
Ohio State

Big Ten Pride
As a Penn State fan, that hurts to say.

Collapse -
41-14..............can we say annihilation?

Florida outgained the Buckeyes 370 yards to 82, led in first downs 21-8 and time of possession 40:48 to 19:12.annihilation?

Collapse -
I pulled for the SEC.

I watched some Ohio State games, and, frankly, thought they were an outstanding team.

Was I surprised by the outcome last night? Sure was as to the lop-sided score.

The pre-game hype and analysis of both teams certainly favored Ohio State. When they returned the opening kick-off for a TD, FL looked flat. Ah, the predictions were coming true.

But from that time on, Ohio State looked flat, and Florida looked like a whirling dervish, eating up the defense, making plays, and following the game plan.

Would that have happened if the gauntlet hadn't been thrown with the opening TD by Ohio State? (Which, IMO, looked easy.) I don't know.

However, maybe that TD made them assume the hype was true, and that it would be an easy win. There was little entusiasm on the Ohio sidelines except for a couple of players that waved towels to try to get the crowd into the game. Otherwise, they looked glum from the time FL answered with its first TD.

Florida's game plan worked, and they executed it superbly except for some 15 yard penalties.

All of that being said, being an SEC fan, and seeing what they did in the regular season, I knew they were a scrappy team, and able to win even with imperfect games, doubts re: Chris Leake, etc. last night they did more than come to play. They came to win.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) Boise St./OK still the best game for the fans IMO.

Collapse -
(NT) indeed, a great game.

In reply to: Boise St./OK still the best game for the fans IMO.

Collapse -
(NT) I totally agree!

In reply to: Boise St./OK still the best game for the fans IMO.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.