Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Oh! Not again. Fire on a platform in the Gulf of Mexico.

by Ziks511 / July 24, 2013 5:51 PM PDT
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheets/2013/07/24/cheat-sheet.html#1

Couldn't get the name of the owner operator etc.

You'd think they'd have learned after the Exxon Valdez, let alone all the subsequent accidents.

When the earth is destroyed, some idiot is going to be standing in front of a microphone saying, "This is just standard stuff everyone. Procedures are in place and everything is under contr........

Rob
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Oh! Not again. Fire on a platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Oh! Not again. Fire on a platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Regulation, shmegulation, right? ;-)
by Josh K / July 24, 2013 9:32 PM PDT
Collapse -
Oh how shall we ever survive?!
by James Denison / July 25, 2013 12:42 AM PDT

Someone should regulate this too! Save us from the volcanoes and their pollution, pass a regulation.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/12/the-year-in-volcanic-activity/100209/

"Out of an estimated 1,500 active volcanoes around the world, 50 or so erupt every year, spewing steam, ash, toxic gases, and lava. In 2011, active volcanoes included Chile's Puyehue, Japan's Shinmoedake, Indonesia's Lokon, Iceland's Grimsvotn, Italy's Etna, and recently Nyamulagira in the Democratic Republic of Congo. In Hawaii, Kilauea continues to send lava flowing toward the sea, and the ocean floor has been erupting near the Canary Islands. Collected below are scenes from the wide variety of volcanic activity on Earth over the past year."

Collapse -
Nice attempt to completely change the subject
by Josh K / July 25, 2013 12:50 AM PDT

Not taking the bait though.

Collapse -
Well, if you have any ideas about preventing volcanic
by Ziks511 / July 27, 2013 1:26 PM PDT

eruptions, do call ... somebody. I'm sure Hawaii would be interested.

The point of a lot of regulation is that we as humans don't voluntarily and with malice aforethought make an existing situation worse. It's hard to argue with a volcano, but if you can reduce other man-made emissions so that we don't strangle ourselves with our own effluent, that seems a good idea to me.

Oh, and the Atlantic is no longer among the list of the sources in which you can put your trust. Well not your trust so much James, since I'd think they'd be right in line with your predilections, but certainly my trust. They were bought a few years back with a view to turning them into a lunatic fringe conservative magazine with a respectable face. Kind of like putting lipstick on the wrong end of a pig. I'm not interested.

Rob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.