General discussion

Oh Boy! Someone needs some education!

"IF the POLITICIANS had stayed out of it and let the MILITARY people handle it, the war would have ended much more quickly with far fewer deaths on both sides, and we would have freaking won."

And I thought Toni was smarter than that!
The only war you ever "freaking won" was when you beat each other 1861 - 1865.....I don't see too many victories since!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Oh Boy! Someone needs some education!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Oh Boy! Someone needs some education!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
sprekende deutsch

My thought is we all would be speaking German would it not be for the U.S.A.
Don Erickson
California Republican and very proud of it!

- Collapse -
Dieses thema ist verboten am diesmal

which means this topic is not allowed at this time.Happy

- Collapse -
Careful now
- Collapse -
.I don't see too many victories since!

Spanish American War
WWI (winning side)
WW II (winning side)
Desert Storm

Militarily we wo in Vietnam, but the politicians screwed it up, so yes, Toni is right.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Someone else needs a history lesson
- Collapse -
After reading this post, I understand

They Didn't Spend a Dime !!!

Get with it...they got a tax break! You honestly beleive "they just spent 240 million dollars....." out of the goodness of their (his) heart(s)? He didn't become the richest man in the world by "giving his money away"!

- Collapse -
They sure do...and that'll be...

...you. Ever heard of American history? Oh wait...maybe you're not an American.

- Collapse -
Don't jump to conclusions,

there are plenty of Americans that act that way, mostly called "Progressives"

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I can think of some whole lot better titles than that.
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) So can I, But I was being "polite"
- Collapse -
Hi, Jack

Welcome to the snake pit.

Unfortunately, you got duckman and Ammann riled up. That means replies which have no substance but rather are personal attacks:

Someone else needs a history lesson
Posted by: duckman

They sure do...and that'll be...
...you. Ever heard of American history? Oh wait...maybe you're not an American.
Posted by: Jack Ammann

there are plenty of Americans that act that way, mostly called ''Progressives''

So can I, But I was being ''polite''

I can think of some whole lot better titles than that.
Posted by: Jack Ammann

As you can see, not a single one of these posts says anything about the subject of your post, they talk only about you personally.

I am sorry for the lack of civility and the abundance of insult to which you have been subjected. I can assure you that it is not an isolated incident.

- Collapse -
grandpaw

jack dosnent need your help hes a very well spoken honest man i consider him a friend
and as to answering a thread.
the smuck was answered very nicely.
didnt you bother to read or is it just copy and paste.

- Collapse -
i was never a good sailor, so waves of any kind

make me feel a little nauseous....

but more than anything? waves of self induced "poor me, all i get is personal attacks" self pity!

if you consider:

maybe you're not an American.

there are plenty of Americans that act that way,

But I was being ''polite''

etc etc etc etc.... as personal attacks then you my friend, not only have a problem, but, IMO, are maybe posting in the wrong forum....

- Collapse -
Put your money where your mouth is

What are the instances of personal attacks by me? The chances of you doing more than shooting your mouth off are nil to none. This forum is replete with personal attacks by people like you. If I wanted to engage in personal attacks, which I do not, this indeed would be the perfect place to do it, though I would have to change my political affliation to succeed at that.

If you think that those remarks dealt with the message rather than the messenger, then you indeed badly need an education in common sense, logic and the English language.

- Collapse -
Let's not go there, grandpaw7..here's the money

>>>What are the instances of personal attacks by me? The chances of you doing more than shooting your mouth off are nil to none. This forum is replete with personal attacks by people like you. If I wanted to engage in personal attacks, which I do not, this indeed would be the perfect place to do it, though I would have to change my political affliation to succeed at that.>>>

Think about all your modalerts regarding your own posts for a minute or two, please. Just because they got pulled (some by your own request) doesn't mean you aren't capable. You don't take your hands off the keyboard and not type it, and you don't take your hand off the mouse and not submit....you just change your mind after a little while and ask that they be deleted. Which we've done.

TONI

- Collapse -
Actually, Toni, you've already gone there
- Collapse -
...and this a perfect example of you TRASHING...

...our Moderators. Do I need to remind you they OWN these forums and you DO NOT. So thank me...I just cut you some slack, "cuz" I could get REALLY nasty...and wouldn't really care if I got banned, even though I've been on ZDNet/CNet forums for over 6 years.

- Collapse -
No thank you, Jack

Your claim that I am trashing the moderators is absurd and untrue. I'm afraid your engine gets overheated easily.

But I must admit your threat to get really nasty scared the devil out of me. I just hope it doesn't keep me awake at night.

- Collapse -
Do you have the cajones

to falsely claim that you are above reproach as some of your posts have implied in that you are civil in every post and that you don't insult?

It makes no nevermind that doing a search on your posts doesn't SHOW the ones you and I know WERE there and aren't anymore, because once deleted the posts are gone.

Stop being so superior with your criticism...you and I know better, grandpaw7. You are just as capable of being insulting and nasty as the rest of the world...you just cover your butt better by posting, letting your buds know to read your replies quickly, and then requesting that they be pulled before a reply can be made to them so they leave no trace and nobody can throw your words back into your face as you are prone to do with others.

TONI

- Collapse -
Solution for Grandpaw

Please all Mods quit deleting posts at his request! Let them stand! At least if the posts are left we can throw them back at him, just like he deserves!

- Collapse -
Quite a post...

Quite a post, you say "The chances of you doing more than shooting your mouth off are nil to none." and in the very next sentence say "If I wanted to engage in personal attacks, which I do not...".
Gee whiz, the first statement sounded like an attack to me.

- Collapse -
here is the $$$$$$, & a lesson in English
What are the instances of personal attacks by me?

where in my post did i say that there are such instances?

unlike you, i do NOT see things like this --> The chances of you doing more than shooting your mouth off are nil to none. This forum is replete with personal attacks by people like you. If I wanted to engage in personal attacks, which I do not, this indeed would be the perfect place to do it, though I would have to change my political affliation to succeed at that.

If you think that those remarks dealt with the message rather than the messenger, then you indeed badly need an education in common sense, logic and the English language as (what you so quaintly call) "personal attacks....

what i did say in my post was if you consider:

maybe you're not an American.

there are plenty of Americans that act that way,

But I was being ''polite''

etc etc etc etc.... as personal attacks then you my friend, not only have a problem, but, IMO, are maybe posting in the wrong forum

and, BTW, i stand behind what i said...

- Collapse -
Hey, grandpaw.!!!

"I thought Toni was smarter than that" is not exactly a compliment.

"George" inserted a statement she had made as "inspiration" for his subject line - that she ("the someone") needed some education.

I do not consider the post to be civil.

Our not having won a war since the Civil War was apparently said a catalyst to start a war in SE.

Just where was the "substance" in that?

Some might call that fun.

You might not approve that both sides of the aisle can state their opinions here. Some make you angry or frustrated, and you do the same to others. We try to give folks their say.

From the posts you cited, "George" came looking for the responses he got.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

- Collapse -
Civility

is not a matter of doing as poorly as the other person; in fact, it is just the opposite. Otherwise, you're on a downhill spiral to see who can be most obnoxious.

- Collapse -
And that's how ....

.... the "Let's see what a rise I can get out of some people" games go. And all in the game knows how the othe players will resond.

It's not discussing a topic that matters. It's going after opponents. Players even form coalition with like minds. "All the better to stick it to you, my dear."

More than a "downward spiral". It's a whirlwind, spinning round and round to where everybody knows it will end.

Until the next game.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

- Collapse -
But, of course,

we don't mention any names as though the criticism applies to all or most all, when in fact it is confined to a great extent to a few attack dogs.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) "Everybody's out of step except me."
- Collapse -
Civility

Seems you won that downhill race.

- Collapse -
Truth!

Ringing down like a silver hammer on the head of a troll.

- Collapse -
This thread should have been LOCKED ...

... if not deleted, the instant a Moderator noticed that it was a continuation of a locked thread.

CNET Forums

Forum Info