Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Official: Kerry failed to act on pre-9/11 tip 3rd agent to say he warned...

by Edward ODaniel / March 19, 2004 12:10 AM PST

security lapses made Boston airport ripe for 'jihad' attack

Posted: March 19, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Paul Sperry

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Official: Kerry failed to act on pre-9/11 tip 3rd agent to say he warned...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Official: Kerry failed to act on pre-9/11 tip 3rd agent to say he warned...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That's priceless, Ed. 9/11 was Kerry's fault. ROFL!

Keep 'em coming! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Collapse -
Re:That's priceless, Ed. 9/11 was Kerry's fault. ROFL!
by Roger NC / March 19, 2004 1:02 AM PST

Shrug, no more or less than Clinton's or Bushes for not invading Afganistan before 9/11, as some would claim.

It's just a fact that no one, including the American public, would have believed it before it happened. And no one would have supported even inconvience at the airport terminal to stop such a 'ridiculous' notion, much less a war.

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Thanks Roger...
by Pat S / March 19, 2004 1:54 AM PST

My thoughts exactly. It's easy to look back and read all the signs we missed because hindsight is 20/20. Trying to use a missed warning as a slur against either side is ridiculous. Fact is we, the US, were sitting here fat, dumb and happy figuring it can't happen here and we got blindsided.

Collapse -
Re:Thanks Roger...
by Roger NC / March 19, 2004 2:01 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks Roger...

Though we should have realized it after the first Tower bombing then the Cole, the american public really didn't accept that any group would want to kill any american they could reach.

And that they could easily kill hundreds of us within our own country.

We were too smug in ourselves for sure.

RogerNC

Collapse -
Somehow, I just KNEW it had to be him. Two months ago I suspected it was Dean. (tic) [nt]
by James Denison / March 19, 2004 1:30 AM PST
Devil
Collapse -
Let's see...

I'm just now skimming my copy of the constitution looking for where it says the junior Senator from Mass. has any operational responsibility for security at Logan International Airport.

I'll post something if I find it.

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) It's also Kerry's fault the Red Sox lost game 7, LOL
by Josh K / March 19, 2004 4:38 AM PST
In reply to: Let's see...

Collapse -
Re:(NT) It's also Kerry's fault the Red Sox lost game 7, LOL
by Roger NC / March 19, 2004 5:19 AM PST

Yeap it was.

He should have anticipated the possibility some fan would lean over the wall and interfere. There should have been a national guard call out to patrol the wall and shoot on sight anyone touching it from the stands.

Wink

RogerNC

Collapse -
Dude, you're thinking of a different game
by Josh K / March 19, 2004 5:24 AM PST

That was Cubs-Marlins, game 6. But Kerry should have been there to pull Pedro off the mound, no question.

Mischief

Collapse -
That is the new standing order in Chicago.
by Kiddpeat / March 19, 2004 5:34 AM PST

We're serious about the Cubs winning Next Year!

Collapse -
Re:Let's see...
by Roger NC / March 19, 2004 4:53 AM PST

Hmmm, the responsibility to his constituents to investigate alleged negligence by governmental regulating agency?

Not that I blame him any more than some blame Bush for not stopping 9-11 you know.

Of course, with all the complaints a congressman or senator probably gets daily, I'm sure a lot of wheat gets lost in the chaff, sort of like around here.;-)

RogerNC

Collapse -
There's wheat here? ? ? ;-)
by Dan McC / March 19, 2004 5:35 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Let's see...
Devil
Collapse -
(NT)Hope so, there's plenty of chaff.
by Roger NC / March 21, 2004 4:10 AM PST

Collapse -
That wouldn't be my word for it, but OK
by Josh K / March 23, 2004 4:50 AM PST

And let's remember that the 9/11 hijackers violated no existing security policies when they brought those box-cutters on board the four planes.

Bottom line is that they shouldn't have been in the country to begin with, which is a national security issue and the President's ultimate responsibility. And I'm speaking of Clinton AND Bush, since the hijackers traveled to and from the US during both Administrations.

Collapse -
(NT) Ok, that's fair enough.
by Roger NC / March 23, 2004 6:25 AM PST
Collapse -
It's interesting that the left will come up with subterfuges like the Constitution
by Kiddpeat / March 19, 2004 5:32 AM PST

when it's (I'm not responsible) Kerry, but will turn around and try to blame President Bush for anything and everything it can dream up. BTW, while you're there, check the Constitution to find where it says the President is responsible for airline security.

If Kerry received information from a credible source, why didn't he do something about it. He's supposed to be a great leader isn't he?

Collapse -
It's enlightening to know you think of the Constitution as a subterfuge.

That explains a great many things.

Dan

Collapse -
Re:It's interesting that the left will come up with subterfuges like the Constitution
If Kerry received information from a credible source, why didn't he do something about it. He's supposed to be a great leader isn't he?

You could ask that exact same question of Bush, Rice etal., since they were given information that a 9/11-type attack might be in the works by the Clinton Administration during the transfer of power, and sat on it until September 10, 2001, when they finally decided to get around to doing something about it.
Collapse -
Can you cite some links Josh?

Credible one preferably or at least some that aren't afraid to cite sources of this "info".

The infamous O'Neill complained about Iraq and bin Laden being matters in the daily discussions excessively.

Collapse -
Josh, If Clinton knew before he left Office.........

WTH was he doing??? Visiting Monica???
Glenda

Collapse -
Re:Re:It's interesting that the left will come up with subterfuges like the Constitution

True,

And ask why if it was so urgent why nothing more than recommendations to the next administration done?

Other's claim Clinton couldn't because of the previous wag the dog accusations do any more. And that he dare not because of those accusations because of fear it would ruin Gore's election chances. If it was why didn't act more, not a particular good reason to let it go is it?

Bombing and missles might be one thing, an invasion would have been condemned by the world, to repeat myself again.

And can anyone imagine what the anti-Bush crowd would have said if he had launched an invasion within a few weeks of taking office? much about the same as many say now about Iraq I expect.

RogerNC

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:It's interesting that the left will come up with subterfuges like the Constitution

The simpler reason (explained by ex-Clinton Administration officials) was that they didn't want to start a war just as they were leaving office and then leave Bush to fight it. So they provided Bush with the intelligence they had amassed, expecting he would act on it.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:It's interesting that the left will come up with subterfuges like the Constitution

HMmm, maybe I'm mistake, but I thought I remembered some discussion that Clinton couldn't respond after being tarred wtih the "wag the dog" accusation by his opponents and was afraid it would lose Gore the election.

If I'm wrong, and there was no knowledge, intelligence, or plans of it before Nov 1, ok, but if it was postpone because of the coming election, then their explanation has a huge hole in it.

RogerNC

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:It's interesting that the left will come up with subterfuges like the Constitution

The "Wag the Dog" thing goes back to the 1998 bombing campaigns Clinton launched against Iraq. He was accused of doing it to divert attention from Monica. I hadn't heard that theory applied to pre-9/11 intel.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:It's interesting that the left will come up with subterfuges like the Constitution

Wag the dog was mentioned in some discussion as Clinton had been so handicapped by the earlier wag the dog compaign that he couldn't act on the information he had without ruining Gore's chances.

Sorry I'm not quite sure what thread it was right now.

I didn't mean to imply it applied to the 9/11 events or intelligence directly.

RogerNC

Collapse -
Try reading it again and you will see that the Constitution...
by Edward ODaniel / March 21, 2004 1:48 AM PST

provides that the Senators are representatives of the STATES (not the people) and you might just have a better understanding of what you are reading.

Collapse -
Re:Try reading it again and you will see that the Constitution...
by C1ay / March 21, 2004 5:01 AM PST
the Constitution provides that the Senators are representatives of the STATES (not the people)

While that is clearly what our forefathers intended, Amendment XVII changed all that and made them representaives of the people. Perhaps someday the people will wise up an repeal that amendment, but until then we have 2 houses of representatives Sad

Collapse -
They are still representatives of the States...

rather than the people Clay. The 17th just altered how they were selected.

Prior to it they were chosen by each state's legislature. Some didn't like this because both tended to generally be of the same party as the majority party of the legislatures.

As you note, the 17th indebts Senators to their constituents for reelection and many pander to those constituents rather than to the needs of the State as a result of it although their role has not changed.

Collapse -
Re:Try reading it again and you will see that the Constitution...
by Dan McC / March 21, 2004 10:20 PM PST

How does this reply to my post?

Dan

Collapse -
If you can't remember read your post. (NT)
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.